The MSL II will function as a field based extension of Medicine serving as a liaison between Scientific Experts (SCEs) and BI Medicine in order to deliver scientific insights to the organization which address the scientific needs of the TA Medicine colleagues, and influence strategic decision making and planning for compounds in development or products on the market. The MSL II will also function as an extension of the Medical and Technical Information (MTI) department in order to respond to HCP inquiries for scientific information and data. The MSL II will support the Clinical Development Medical Affairs (CDMA) TA including Scientific Affairs activities. At the direction of Clinical Operations, the MSL II may provide clinical trial support at various stages of a development program. The MSL may provide scientific support, at the request of Commercial, for internal and external activities where there is a defined scientific role for FBM.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The MSL II proactively interacts with SCEs within their assigned geography to support the Scientific Objectives (SOs) of the TA. Through scientific exchange (SE), the MSL II will act as a scientific resource to SCEs and HCPs to answer specific questions on TA topics and BI compounds. The MSL II is responsible for establishing and maintaining scientific relationships with SCEs and having a strong understanding of the scientific landscape within their assigned territory. The MSL II will conduct SEs with SCEs, HCPs, as well as active and potential study investigators (BI-sponsored studies or IIS). The MSL II is responsible for providing field generated scientific insights regularly to FBM management.
- The MSL II will provide scientific support for CDMA (BIPI & Corporate) and support Scientific Affairs activities such as Medical Grant Program Evaluations and Medical Publication Author Identification. The MSL II will also attend assigned scientific conferences, staff non-promotional Medical Information booths, as well as contribute to and/or lead the development of the conference report.
- The MSL II may provide scientific support for certain Commercial approved activities at the request of Commercial which include Product Launch Meetings, Promotional Speaker Training, Product Team Meetings, and Sales Force Training. The MSL II may provide scientific support based on unsolicited requests from Managed Markets customers for a formulary presentation to a P&T committee
- The MSL II will adhere to all relevant BI policies and procedures and compliance expectations for FBM activities. The MSL II will incorporate ethical decision-making into all business practices. At the direction of the Director, FBM TA the MSL II may serve as a compliance lead for the team.
- The MSL II will maintain clinical, scientific, and technical expertise in specific TA through continuous learning and knowledge of the TA related scientific literature. At the direction of the Director, FBM TA the MSL II may serve as a scientific lead for the FBM team. The MSL II may assist with the development and/or delivery of their TA‘s MSL scientific training in collaboration with CDMA.
- The MSL II provides support for development and/or delivery of clinical and scientific presentations at Medical Advisory Boards and Investigator Meetings.
- At the direction of the SAD, FBM, the MSL II may serve as a mentor for newly hired MSLs.
- Doctorate degree (PharmD, M.D., DO, Ph.D.) with at least 3 years of previous Pharmaceutical/MSL experience required.
- Masters level degree in health sciences with at least 5 years of previous Pharmaceutical/MSL experience required.
- The position is field-based with upwards of 75% required travel (car, train and plane) to manage assigned geography. Easy access to large hub airport desired.
- Demonstrated expertise in using field-based electronic or other communication tools for all aspects of job is critical, as well in establishing and maintaining scientific relationships with SCEs within an assigned territory.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation, including verification of your past employment, criminal history, and educational background
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)Must be 18 years of age or older
Boehringer Ingelheim is a different kind of pharmaceutical company, a privately held company with the ability to have an innovative and long term view. Our focus is on scientific discoveries that improve patients' lives and we equate success as a pharmaceutical company with the steady introduction of truly innovative medicines. Boehringer Ingelheim is the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world's 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations. At Boehringer Ingelheim, we are committed to delivering value through innovation. Employees are challenged to take initiative and achieve outstanding results. Ultimately, our culture and drive allows us to maintain one of the highest levels of excellence in our industry. Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Roxane Inc., Roxane Laboratories Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim Chemicals, Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica Inc. and Ben Venue Laboratories Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Boehringer Ingelheim is firmly committed to ensuring a safe, healthy, productive and efficient work environment for our employees, partners and customers. As part of that commitment, Boehringer Ingelheim conducts pre-employment background investigations and drug screenings.
Clinical Research/Medical Affairs/Drug Regulatory Affairs
Americas-United States-Missouri-Saint Louis
BI Pharma/BI USA
As the US headquarters of German drug maker Boehringer Ingelheim, Boehringer Ingelheim Corporation oversees about half a dozen stateside...