Responsible for assisting development of system architectures, design and technical solutions to bring to market new innovative products which span web service offerings. Assists in the planning, designing, integrating, testing, deploying and supporting of products. Helps with testing and operational activities. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Act as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment and lead teams, projects and shares expertise.
deployment of applications consistent with product and technical
- Supports the architecture, design, development, qualification and
deliver applications that meet or exceed product requirements, project
- Works with engineering project management and principle engineers to
schedules and reliability.
applications to document network impacts.
- Develops and applies performance and bandwidth models for interactive
technical requirements to accompany existing product and operation
- Works with the product development and operations teams to define
requirements. Designs and develops use cases in support of the technical
requirements. Transforms technical requirements into architectures.
- Defines and documents a detailed design to meet technical requirements
to specifications and vendor evaluation. Interfaces with outside teams
- Assists in vendor technical selection and management including input
in the development of internal and third party software to support the
procedures are representative of fully exercising and validating the
- Interfaces with Company test teams to validate Company test plans and
product features and capabilities.
product quality. Prepares deliverables for trial and market readiness.
- Works closely with development, integration and test teams to ensure
looking for ways to reduce costs and improve efficiency.
- Drives the continuous improvement of deployed systems by consistently
support for all responsible systems and technologies. Diagnoses and
- Supports operations by providing deployment and sustained engineering
resolves escalated field issues.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
Comcast is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Drug-Free workplace employer.
- Experience with building services to process, analyze and summarize large data sets
- Experience with developing rich web applications and experience with UX design
- Experience with data analysis and development of dashboards
- Knowledge in subjects related to Digital Piracy, Copyrights and DMCA
- Experience with P2P applications, online storage and digital distribution applications
- Knowledge in infrastructure supporting the distribution of copyrighted material
- Experience with Directories (LDAP) and/or Databases (Oracle, MySQL, NoSQL) a plus
- Experience with Redhat and or Debian Linux (building, configuring, installing and operating)
Comcast - 17 months ago
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online...