eBioscience, Inc. was founded in June 1999 in the San Diego Golden Triangle, an area rich with emerging technology companies and close to the University of California San Diego campus and Scripps Institute. A collaborative environment that encourages employee development, the company offers a dynamic work environment in which people can learn and grow with the business.
A rapidly growing, fast-paced biotech company, eBioscience provides innovative, high-quality reagents to researchers worldwide that empower the process of scientific discovery in the areas of immunology, cell biology, stem cell biology and oncology. Product line applications include reagents for multicolor flow cytometry and immunofluorescence, functional assays, ELISA and western blot. The organization is committed to developing and producing a large selection of innovative and commonly used reagents at a high-quality, and at great prices. Unique opportunities for talented and motivated individuals are available at increasingly rapid rates.
In 2009, eBioscience expanded our product offering to include the Diagnostics market and established regional headquarters in Europe with the acquisition of a distribution company in Frankfurt, Germany, and Bender MedSystems, GmbH (BMS), a manufacturing organization in Vienna, Austria.
An organization that values people, creativity and learning, eBioscience strives to achieve excellence while creating a challenging and fun work environment.
This position requires aggressively selling and promoting a rapidly growing portfolio of leading-edge products for cell analysis to researchers in the life sciences community. The successful candidate must be capable of achieving the essential functions described below in their assigned territory. The territory for this position will be determined by the hiring manager and will likely include several states.
In addition to building and maintaining an effective working relationship with customers, marketing and business development teams, this role will be specifically accountable for:
- Achieving the revenue objectives for the territory as provided by management
- Identification and follow-through with new prospective clients (cold-calling will be involved)
- Growing revenue from existing and new accounts and from various types of accounts (industry, academic, government, etc.)
- Promotion of company products through in-person visits, e-mail communications and trade shows/conferences (50%+ travel)
- Presenting effective solutions to customers based on discussions centered around their research interests and needs
- Gathering and communicating market intelligence on research trends, competitor activities/promotions and research funding environment
- Diligently following up with prospects after onsite visits and industry tradeshows
- Proactively pursuing new promotion avenues through the procurement departments, flow cytometry core facilities and departmental committees to increase client exposure to company products
- Identifying new product and technology opportunities
- Developing and cultivating relationships with key scientists at major academic, biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies
- Maintaining excellent communications with customers and marketing team members to ensure optimal company-client relationship
- Properly referring troubleshooting issues to company Technical Support team to assist researchers in resolving their problems
- Liaising with inventory department to ensure customer backorder items are diligently handled
- Providing reports of sales activities, market intelligence and gain/lost business when requested
- Liaise with account procurement departments as appropriate to address integration of electronic purchasing platforms
- Contributing to the development of pre/post tradeshow/conference promotional campaigns
- As the face of eBioscience to our customers, presenting a professional and responsible image
Work will be carried out in a home office environment or through client visits and will require frequent travel to different locations in the U.S. A mileage allowance will be provided for travel to customer locations and the airport. Additionally, reliable high-speed internet access must be available in the Account Manager’s home office.
- Comprehensive knowledge and skills in an appropriate science; Bachelor’s degree in the life sciences
- Familiarity with the territory (NIH, MD, DC, VA, W.VA), and professional relationships with key customers in the region
- Knowledge of flow cytometry and immunoassay products and reagents; excellent ability to communicate information about these products and reagents to research community
- Excellent and cordial oral and written communication skills; must speak clearly and write proficiently in English
- Outstanding enthusiasm and energy to execute sales responsibilities
- Ability to think creatively and overcome obstacles in achieving sales objectives
- Ability to work effectively with clients and staff with differing levels of education and expertise and from diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple complex sales negotiations
- Willingness to travel and periodically work on weekends; some overnight travel required
- Ability to meet the company’s employee handbook guidelines
We offer an exciting, entrepreneurial environment and a competitive compensation package including salary plus performance bonus and benefits (medical/dental and 401k). Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture. Our company culture is creative, fast-paced and entrepreneurial. We are a right-sized environment where you can stand out and make a difference.
Candidates seeking a challenging new opportunity are encouraged to submit their resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org .