Researches and processes disputed cardholder transactions that are received in writing from cardholders and merchant customers. Will handle several aspects of the dispute process while ensuring compliance with VISA/MasterCard/AMEX and Federal regulations. Monitors disputed transactions for possible fraudulent activity. Maintains accurate and complete documentation of every phase of the dispute process.
Under direct supervision, determines if the disputed transaction is covered under federal regulations. This may involve establishing oral and written communications with cardholders and merchants. Gathers and analyzes transaction data to include sales drafts, sales receipts, and account history. Based on this information, decides if a chargeback should be initiated, or if the transaction should be placed back on a cardholder’s account. Communicates this decision and appropriate rationale to the cardholder. May need to calculate finance charges using past account history. Maintains acceptable level of productivity. Applies and develops basic skills in procedures, processes and techniques appropriate for this position. Refers questions and problems to higher levels.
Level l - High School diploma or equivalent and 0 to 2 years specialized training/related work experience. Appropriate TSYS experience is preferred.
Level ll - High School diploma or equivalent and 2 or more years related work experience. Appropriate TSYS experience preferred.
Sr. Level - High School diploma or equivalent and 4 or more years related work experience. Appropriate TSYS experience preferred.
These positions will be located in Columbus, GA and Myersville, MD. Shifts available are 4:00pm - 12:30am Monday - Friday and 10:00pm - 6:30am Sunday - Thursday.
- Cooperates in a team environment
- Demonstrates initiative
- Portrays a positive attitude
- Flexible; adjusts to change
- Accepts supervision/guidance
- Ability to follow directions
- Complies with Company standards/policies/procedures
- Displays professionalism in both conduct and dress
Skills and Competencies
- Asks for help/seeks advice
- Listens well/utilizes information
- Quality minded
- Basic oral and written communication skills
- Basic PC skills –
- Email system
- Develops basic knowledge of TMS
- Develops basic knowledge of bankcard industry
- Basic customer service skills
- Ability to think analytically
- Basic research skills
- Basic problem resolution skills
- Develops assigned system or subsystem knowledge
- Attention to detail
- Manages time productively
- Multitasked oriented
- May be required to work overtime
- Ability to work under time constraints
- Demonstrates effective problem solving skills
- Exercises good judgment
- Practices confidentiality
Total System Services, Inc.
Sharon J Poole
TSYS - 13 months ago
copy to clipboard
44 million times each day, the people of TSYS® improve lives and businesses across the world by processing a payment. We make it...