Position Purpose :|
The Patient Care Coordinator is responsible for selling and educating the SHC home health services in assigned territory. The position's goal is to improve patient care through care planning and effective utilization of agency services. The position reports to the Area Director of Sales with a dotted line to the Branch Manager.
Qualifications- Professional and Personal:
1. RN/LPN/PT/COTA/OT/ST with 1 year experience in an acute care setting or home health agency.
2. Medicare home care knowledge and previous medical or home health sales experience preferred.
3. Must be a graduate of a state accredited school of nursing or therapy.
4. Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Specific Functions/Responsibilities :
1 . Establishes, maintains and develops business relationships with customers and potential
customers in an assigned territory.
2. Uses sales strategies to include rounding with Physicians on patients active with or
referred to SHC to achieve starts of care.
3. Audits and evaluates patient information and needs prior to home health admission,
there by assuring home health services can safely meet those needs and that services will
be provided in accordance with regulations.
4. Provides updates on the customer needs, concerns, interests, market situation,
competitive activities and potential for new products and services.
5. Determines need for and arranges for supplies prior to home health admission.
6 Coordinate and communicate all aspects of patient's needs with appropriate home health
personnel to ensure quality care.
7 Monitor all referrals within facilities, i.e.: hospitals, SNF's, ALF's and Rehabilitation
8. Communicate patient admission status to the referral source and other appropriate parties.
9. When appropriate, obtain physician's orders for home health services. This may include
specific treatments, supplies, equipment and/or medication needs.
10. Submit completed and timely paperwork necessary to perform the responsibilities of the
Patient Care Coordinator.
11. Will assist the Account Manager in the education of physician's offices, nursing homes and other health care facilities/entities regarding home health regulations and policies.
12. Participate in community health care activities, seminars and tradeshows as needed and lend support to professional organizations and other members of the health care community as related to home health services.
13. Attend meeting and in-service programs as requires or requested.
14. Participate in required clinical record audits and attend meetings with CRR Physicians as requested.
15. Participate in patient satisfaction calls following discharge from SHC services and specialty program implementation.
Senior Home Care - 14 months ago