ProEnergy's Professional Services Group provides technical specialists and project management personnel to our power generation, ethanol, refinery and oil and gas industry clients. Our vast network of trained personnel has worked for some of the industry's finest companies around the world.
Our focus is on personnel for contract, temp-to-hire, direct hire basis. We are aggressively seeking versatile, focused, and motivated individuals to join our team.
To provide management oversight for all phases of the construction project, including coordinating workers, material, subcontracts and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget and customer relations are maintained. The functions of this job are, but not limited to:
- Ensures Project Safety Management Plan is implemented and followed.
- Develop a cost-effective plan and schedule for completion of project following a logical pattern for utilization of resources.
- Selects and coordinates work of employees and subcontractors working on various phases of the project.
- Reviews engineering drawings to make sure that all specifications and regulations are being followed.
- Responsible for verifying scope of construction contracts and necessary permits and licenses.
- Supervises superintendents, reviews their reports, checks on any reported difficulties, and correct any safety violations or other reported deficiencies.
- Tracks and controls construction schedule and associated costs to achieve completion of project within time and monies allocated.
- Reports to clients/customers about progress and any necessary modifications.
- Participate in project/internal reviews and provide reports of project status
- Identifying scope and schedule changes and providing early notification to client and internal resources.
- Provide presence, physically monitor job progress and assess overall performance
- Any other job duties as assigned.
- Five years or more of experience assisting or supervising construction projects of increasing complexity, preferably internal candidates and/or individuals with experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient with computers, build/use Excel spreadsheets, scheduling software.
Strive to make every project cash flow positive
- Understand how to build a schedule of values
- Submit and receive approval the schedule of values every billing period
- Ensure invoicing on lump sum and T&M projects is processed in a timely manner
- Follow up on all past due invoices and report status
- Basic knowledge of contract terms and layouts
- Demonstrate knowledge of change order process- identifying, estimating, generating, receiving approval, and “dumping” into Timberline
- Be able to estimate small change orders with the estimating spreadsheet
- Use the RFI form to generate questions on all projects
- Use the submittal for receiving approval from the client for materials and procedures
- Use all logs and submit with the Sullivan Reports for project reviews
- Perform projections of labor, material, equipment and subcontractor costs to complete the project.
- Understand how to read and interpret the data presented on the quantity tracking and job cost reports. Further use this information to formulate the projections.
- Be prepared to answer the questions presented by upper management in the project reviews
- Build and update CPM schedules using Project or Suretrack. The updates need to be completed weekly or as needed for all projects
- Submit 3 week look ahead schedules for all projects
- Once assigned a project during the estimating phase the project manager is expected to participate in the bidding process, provide feedback to estimating and as needed
- Effective negotiator
- Comfortable in facilitating meetings – internal/external
- Comfortable in client/customer relationships Effective teambuilding, organization and logistics
- Communicates a compelling and inspired vision of Zero Accidents and safe work behaviors
- Demonstrate proper safety leadership behaviors by wearing PPE, reviewing JSA’s, ensuring compliance with Project Safety Management Plan, and allocating time for safety related topics/training.
- Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment
- Most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time
- Uses logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- Can effectively cope with change and shift gears comfortably
- Can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty while preventing potential liability for company
- Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure.
- Can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks
- Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; Develops schedules
- Sets objectives and goals; Breaks down work into process steps
- Clearly and comfortably delegates both routine and important tasks and decisions
- Takes unpopular stands when necessary
- Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities
- Reads situations quickly
- Can find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise
- Deals with problem direct reports firmly and in a timely manner
- Doesn’t allow problems to fester
- Doesn’t hold back anything that needs to be said
- Lets people know where they stand
- Hires the best people available from inside or outside
- Is a good judge of talent
- After reasonable exposure, can articulate the strengths and limitations of people
- Can accurately project what people are likely to do across a variety of situations
- Bottom-lined oriented
This position will be held in
the Southeast region of the US.
ProEnergy Services - 18 months ago