Greatwide Transportation Management Services (a division of Greatwide Logistics Services), an industry leading third-party logistics (3PL) and transportation company is in search of an experienced Broker/Capacity Sourcing Manager for their Anderson, SC operation. The ideal candidate will be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, possess good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to multi-task, prioritize and function in a fast-paced work environment.
Scope of Position:
The Broker/Capacity Sourcing Manager is responsible for operational functions related to managing GTMS client’s business serviced by partner carriers. Strategically the position involves developing and maintaining the most efficient and value-driven logistics platform to maximize profitability while providing best in class results for the client. Specifically this job will have primary responsibility in recruiting new carriers, and maintaining relationships with the growing carrier base. The position is dynamic with ever changing business priorities. If you love a challenge and are looking for a rewarding career, the Broker opportunity in Anderson, SC may be right for you.
This is an incredible opportunity for someone wanting to work with a progressive company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Make initial contact with customers and carriers, introducing Greatwide Logistics and our services, build and maintain relationships, increasing business with customers over time.
- Secure third party capacity for all of your loads.
- Quote and negotiate rates on a daily basis with customers and carriers.
- Primary responsibility for recruiting and building relationships with carriers by understanding their freight needs as well as managing the service they provide to Greatwide’s customers.
- Develop a long term plan to improve third party capacity performance through the use of Continuous Improvement Methods.
- Monitor the daily progress of all of your customers’ loads by obtaining timely updates from your carriers.
- Obtain billing information from third party carriers to ensure we can properly bill our customers.
- Be comfortable working with computers to enter our daily load details, track loads, post loads, and any other work that is required to meet the needs of our customers and carriers.
- Source new carriers to add to our carrier base. Ensure the carrier has proper operating authority and insurance as well as understand the carriers freight needs.
- Makes sales calls to prospective customers via the telephone to secure freight and build consistent business. Initially a broker will make approximately 25 phone calls per day until they begin to win business.
- Handle incoming calls for all customers that may call in and be a valuable resource for problem resolution, load tracking and collection on invoices.
Williamson, South Carolina, United States
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Management, Supply Chain Logistics, or similar.
- Previous sales experience desired, but not mandatory.
- Sound judgment, initiative and professional communication skills must be exhibited at all times when dealing with others, to include third party carriers and co-workers.
- Organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Negotiation skills.
- Problem analysis skills and financial judgment.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to maintain motivation and energy for cold calling customers and carriers.
- Strong work ethic and ability to learn quickly.
- Great phone presence and effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Comfortable with computer and multiple applications.
We offer system truck capability in an Owner-Operator environment to make variable cost possible. So we can offer additional capacity and...