The Graphic Designer works as part of the Republic Services’ corporate communications team to create best-in-class internal and external communications. This position will design, launch and manage a new all-employee monthly printed publication along with the visual assets to support new email and intranet communication initiatives. S(he) will also be the company’s brand advocate, designing key marketing, sales, recruiting and other materials that touch our customers, shareholders, employees, etc., to ensure brand and messaging consistency across audiences and channels.
- Manage the conceptual design, development and layout of collateral for print, email and web projects.
- Oversee all aspects of graphic design projects, including presentations, sales collateral, recruiting materials, e-blast graphics, cards and invitations, intranet graphics, summary annual report, web banners, logos, signage, digital graphics and templates.
- Coordinate implementation of final products, which entails working with printers, programmers, developers or other internal and external partners.
- Produce accurate and high-quality graphic design work within the organization’s tight deadlines.
- Collaborate with others in the corporate communications department, as well as in other departments, including sales, marketing, executive-level management and others, to Brainstorm ideas, mock up design ideas and present multiple ideas to internal staff.
- Continue to evolve and enforce the company’s branding standards.
- Develop and track project budgets and schedules.
- Prioritize project queue, while managing multiple projects with overlapping deadlines.
- Manage external vendors.
- Develop and maintain an organized archive of all creative projects.
- Proactively provide process improvement suggestions.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned or apparent
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5 years of graphic design strategy and execution experience in a corporate or agency environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or Illustration highly desirable.
- 7 years of experience with graphic work.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Proven experience in conceptualizing and creating visually appealing and striking designs, layouts and graphics for print and electronic formats.
- Detailed understanding of print processes.
- Possesses an eye for detail and be able to accept constructive criticism.
- Highly motivated with the ability to take on multiple projects and work with short deadlines.
- Has a graphics portfolio that demonstrates proficiency in a variety of design styles and media.
- Superior client management, communication and collaboration skills required.
- Expert level Adobe Creative Suite program experience (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) along with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint for Intranet a big plus.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Republic Services - 2 years ago
Every day, Republic Services empowers more than 30,000 exceptional employees in 39 states and Puerto Rico to do their best work. We’re...