The Staff Registered Nurse (RN) utilizes the nursing process and critical thinking skills to direct and deliver comprehensive nursing care to patients on an assigned unit in a safe and proficient manner according to individual patient needs. Provides direct patient care based upon the standards set within Illinois Nurse Practice Act as well as organization specific polices and procedures. Ensures patient safety and satisfaction.
Additional information for Critical Care candidates:
Required Knowledge & Training
Education, Experience, Certifications
- Successful completion of AACN ECCO on-line course for all novice incoming staff
- Successful completion of BKat Exam for all experienced incoming staff
- Successful completion of Basic EKG Course; passing the written exam
- Competent in basic arrhythmia interpretation
- Attend 3 Code R's with preceptor after one year of critical care experience
- Attend 3 Code Blue's with preceptor after two years of critical care experience
- Successful completion of ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) within 1 year of hire
- Member of AACN (American Association of Critical-Care Nurses) not required but recommended
- 4 hours of Trauma-Related CE yearly
- Completion of TNCC (Trauma Nursing Care Course) not required but recommended
- Valid IL RN license
- CPR Certified
Weekend and/or Holiday Rotation may be required.
Sherman Health is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities and we do not discriminate against our employees or applicants because of their race, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status or any other protected group status.
Sherman Health - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard