Not sure if this role is for you? View the Realistic Job Preview that is focused on the things that matter most to you: Hospice_RN_OptumHealth.pdf
We are seeking a knowledgeable, compassionate RN to provide direct care to hospice patients in their homes or skilled nursing facilities. As the Hospice Nurse, you would work with other healthcare professionals to determine the best overall care for your terminal patients (prognosis of 6 months or less). Additionally, you would provide emotional support to the patients' families. This position offers potential for growth, a friendly staff, and an opportunity to interact with patients and their families on a more personal level.
Please note: This position is responsible for weekend on-call; starting on Friday at 3 pm CST through Monday morning at 8 am CST. You will then work again on Wednesday morning at 8 am CST to 12 noon. This is a total of 69 hours.
Responsibilities for the Hospice Nurse include:
- Conducting regular visits at home or skilled nursing facilities
- Coordinating, assessing, and implementing patients' care
- Providing accurate and timely documentation of patient services to reflect plans of care
- Overseeing and participating in day to day clinical care of terminal patients and their families
- Attending weekly interdisciplinary meetings
- Interacting with other group members such as CNA's, LPN's, social workers and dieticians
- Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of biohazard materials
Additional Assets Preferred:
- RN licensure (current, unrestricted) in the state location of position
- 3 years of clinical experience is required
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in long-term care is a plus
- Computer proficiency is a must
- Background in home care and/or hospice care is highly preferred
OptumHealth is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
OptumHealth helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their health care needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
At OptumHealth, you will perform within an innovative culture that's focused on transformational change in the health care system. You will leverage your skills across a diverse and multi-faceted business. And you will make contributions that will have an impact that's greater than you've ever imagined.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
UnitedHealth Group - 7 months ago
When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours.
We have modest goals: Improve the lives of...