DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
This position reports to Director, DoD and Classified Programs, and is responsible for the planning, managing, and technical performance of one or more program(s)/ project(s) of major program(s)/ project(s). Participate with technical staff, senior program managers or Division/Group executive management in the development of and has primary responsibility for the implementation of annual and long-term technical, schedule, quality, business, and financial objectives for the program(s)/project(s). Represent the program(s)/ project(s) with customers, ensure technical quality and excellence are maintained; champion the development of new or expansion of existing business opportunities; and, provide leadership in attracting, developing and retaining human resources. Develop, coordinate and maintain Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) for DOD Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) sensor and software system programs. Monitor integrated schedule plans for system test, production, and delivery. Will be responsible to deploy periodically to operational locations throughout the world.
- Oversee all phases of business development activities to ensure business and financial objectives are attained.
- Manage the development of new strategic business opportunities and expansion of existing business opportunities. May consult with management in pursuing business partnerships, alliances, and joint ventures that enhance the capabilities of the organization.
- Identify markets, licensing opportunities, and determine the feasibility of product development.
- Assess potential business opportunities through activities such as market and economic analysis, monitoring competitive activity and identifying customer needs.
- Manage and influence the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract(s).
- Consult with executive management to develop and implement current, annual and long-term schedule, quality, business, and financial objectives for the unit(s) and participate in the development of Group/Company objectives.
- Act as the primary contact for business development activities. May lead progress review sessions to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance and to disseminate information on a continuous basis to all pertinent parties concerning the fulfillment of project goals and objectives.
- Manage the development of and adherence to master plan(s), milestones, and schedules for the organization.
- Identify business development issues and provide leadership in developing solutions such as re-allocation of resources or modifying contract specifications.
- Ensure business leadership and excellence is maintained by managing and participating in the planning, attraction, selection, retention, and development of the required management, professional, and technical talent.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for ensuring all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations are observed wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Responsible for ensuring work is accomplished in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
- Typically requires a Bachelors or Masters in business administration or a related field and thirteen or more years of progressively complex experience in business development with at least seven years managing business development activities. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Experience in tactical and operational positions.
- Superior interpersonal skills and the ability to teach and explain GA-ASI product capabilities to the field user are of utmost importance to include working specific operational issues with in-theater customer and collection managers.
- Comfortable with contacting and communicating with a diverse set of US and foreign customers.
- Familiarization with US FMS/FMF (Foreign Military Sales/Foreign Military Funding) processes.
- Must demonstrate a detailed and extensive expertise and application of business development principles and concepts, and practice as well as comprehensive project management and leadership skills including organizing, planning, scheduling, and coordinating workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones.
- Strong communication, leadership, and presentation skills are required to enable an effective interface with other departments, all levels of management, professional and support staff, customers, potential customers, and government representatives.
- Customer focused, must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment, and able to work extended hours and travel as required.
Will be required to deploy periodically to operational locations throughout the world
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is required.
- Ten (10) years experience in tactical and operational positions preferably in a technically oriented field with US government and foreign location experience as well as three or more years of program/project management experience.
- Working with US Army personnel in the US Military is highly desirable.
- Experience using airborne ISR assets to provide counter insurgency and counter IED support to the warfighter will be seen as a discriminator for this position.
- Master’s degree is a plus.