Business Analyst - Web and Mobile Services
Job ID: : 26286
Department: : WEB & New Media Marketing
City: : Bloomington, MN
Location: : HP - Bloomington 8170 Office Bldg
Position Type: : Full-Time
Anticipated Work Schedule: : Full Time
Hrs/Pay Period: : 80
Job Description: :
The culture at HealthPartners is one of ownership, pride, service, and most importantly, partnership. That spirit of partnership among employees, and with patients and the community is just one of the many reasons we were recently named one of the Twin Cities best places to work by the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal. Join us for a career that offers respect, support and encouragement. You’ll stay for the power of partnership.
Our continued growth has created an opportunity for a Business Analyst who will work on the business planning team focusing on web and mobile projects for HealthPartners. This team works with the IT and Web and New Media teams to deliver interactive solutions that improve customers’ web and mobile experience. This position bridges the gap between business partners, IT and Web and New Media. The Business Analyst’s key responsibilities are focused on developing and documenting business requirements and artifacts for key web and mobile initiatives.
Additional responsibilities include:
1. Analyze business users’ needs and requirements and leads the requirements gathering and planning. Acts as a customer liaison with business leads developing business requirements/artifacts for large and/or complex system enhancements/fixes. Obtains required business requirements sign-off from business operations and IT staff.
2. Create project artifacts such as project definition documents, business requirements, functional specifications, requirements and deliverable plans, user stories, sitemaps, user experience documentation and others.
3. Participate in the development and review of technical system requirements to validate that the system functionality is in alignment with business requirements.
4. Assist in the evaluation of potential operational impacts and works with business operations staff in identifying and documenting changes to current business workflows.
5. Assist business areas in identifying and determining the business direction and potential areas of improvement.
6. Collaborate with the IT and Web & New Media teams to develop standardized wireframe and workflow designs to support documentation of both business and usability requirements.
7. Serve as liaison to the IT team and business operation areas throughout the development cycle to answer, document and facilitate successful implementation of web applications.
8. Participate in corporate committees to gather and communicate any information needed for maintaining and enhancing web and mobile applications.
9. Participates in business continuity planning and implementation.
10. Participate in documentation for training and support, reporting and other business operations.
This position requires a bachelor’s degree along with 5 years experience in business systems analysis as well as experience in the design of web projects including defining business use cases, requirements gathering, using different methodologies for requirements gathering, diagramming techniques and business process flows and use case development. This position requires demonstrated skills and knowledge of basic development cycle processes, strong consultative skills, problem solving skills and the ability to build consensus. In addition, demonstrated written and oral communication skills for technical and non-technical topics, including presentation skills are required along with experience with Word, Excel, Visio, Power Point and other graphics tools.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the healthcare insurance industry as well as experience working with multiple development methodologies, and continuous improvement concepts and methodologies.
HealthPartners, nationally acclaimed for providing outstanding patient care, offers a comprehensive benefits package. For more information and to apply for this position, please visit www.healthpartners.com/careers, click on job opportunities and search for Job ID #26286.
Health is what we do. Partnership is how we do it.
HealthPartners - 2 years ago
The largest consumer-governed, nonprofit health care organization in the nation, HealthPartners provides care, coverage, research and...