Summary: This position will involve architecting, designing, and developing end to end solutions for consumer applications and services from product conceptualization to launch. This position entails working on projects involving gathering requirements, architecting, defining, developing code that interfaces with a variety of ATT backend systems. The responsibilities include gathering and/or interpreting business requirements, working with human factors personnel and marketing to develop technical requirements, translating both sets of requirements into an effective information architecture and designs. In addition, responsibilities also include converting those technical requirements into an effective technical design on various platforms, testing, documenting, and supporting the architecture and interaction implementations. There needs to be an across the board ability to work in small to large teams and architect, design, code, test systems that touch systems from customer interfaces to backend infrastructure Required Skills: · BS (MS or PhD) degree in Engineering/Math/Science.
Experience with Apache, JBoss, or Oracle. Desired Skills: · Java, C++, C#, C, Activex, ASP, and .Net experience.
- 5+ years experience (3+ with MS or 1+ with PhD) in software development organizations with direct involvement in design, coding, test and trouble shooting.
- Excellent verbal & written communications skills to communicate highly technical concepts to wide-ranging audiences
- 2+ years experience developing native applications on iOS, Android, Windows Phone 7, or Blackberry QNX devices.
- Has worked in an agile type of environment is able to quickly adapt code to incomplete or ever changing requirements.
- Familiarity working with different video players/standards/frameworks (HLS, Flash, MJPEG, MPEG-4)
Experience developing IPTV solutions/applications such as on Mediaroom Presentation Framework
- J2EE including JSP, Servlets, Java Spring, Struts, JSF, Java Applets
- Knowledge and experience in Database concepts and development technologies (SQL, JDBC, stored procedures, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Linux (Fedora Core/RedHat).
Required Qualifications: Bachelors degree or higher degree such as Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering or Mathematics from an accredited university. PhD in an approved field with no minimum years of relevant experience or Masters in an approved field with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience or a Bachelors in an approved field with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
At AT&T, we’re connecting the world like never before. Ready to get in on the action? Together we’ll do great things. If...