IA: Interior Architects translates client goals, brand and culture into powerful environments built around people, processes, technologies and business drivers. Our clients in diverse markets worldwide require high-performance, visually compelling and sustainable environments to move their enterprise forward, support their culture, engage their staff, integrate technology and drive efficiencies. As architects, designers, workplace strategists and environmental specialists in the largest global architecture firm concentrating exclusively on interiors, we help clients articulate and align their business strategies and core values with the dynamic use of space.
Our team members are collaborative, creative, professional, expert and entrepreneurial. Joining our team requires skill, daring, leadership, teaming, humor and a love of interiors. We are presently searching for a Job Captain in the San Francisco, CA office. As Job Captain , you will be responsible for creating construction documents and managing projects through the completion of contract administration. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing CDs to ensure compliance with firm standards, mechanical and building systems, codes and ADA requirements.
- Coordinating consultants' work to ensure timely submission of documents.
- Coordinating all engineering work to ensure compliance with the design solution.
- Managing contract documents and contract administration within established budgets.
- Mentoring junior level employees.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of an accredited architecture or design school.
- 5+ years experience producing commercial interior design projects.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated knowledge of the commercial interior architecture and/or design industry, including a working knowledge of equipment and materials, space requirements, and design standards and principles.
- Advanced AutoCAD/ADT skills and Revit skills.
- Extensive contract administration knowledge, including completion of contract documents.
- Vast knowledge of building systems, codes and ADA requirements.
- Sound documentation and field observation skills.
- Advanced detailing skills.
- Good command of MS Office applications.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to manage and lead staff through a combination of direct authority and subject-matter expertise.
- Functioning knowledge of budget preparation and proven ability to manage projects within budgetary constraints.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply online at:
IA is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer and is dedicated to providing employment and promotional opportunities based on individual merit. Qualified minorities, females, disabled individuals and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are unable to submit your resume online or are limited in your ability to do so as a result of a disability, please contact Human Resources at 415.434.3305 to request a reasonable accommodation.
The American Institute of Architects
- 21 months ago - save job