About Banner Medical Group
At Banner Medical Group, you’ll have the opportunity to perform a critical role in the community where you practice. The Banner Medical Group provides both primary and specialty care throughout the seven states in which Banner Health operates. We do this in a variety of settings – from smaller group practices like our Banner Health Clinics in Loveland, Colo. and Torrington, Wyo., to large multi-specialty Banner Health Centers in the metropolitan Phoenix area. We currently have more than 550 physicians in our group and are seeking others to enhance our ability to deliver our nonprofit mission of providing excellent patient care.
About Banner Health
Banner Health was selected as one of the Top Leadership Teams in Healthcare by Health Leaders Media, is one of the Top 100 Integrated Healthcare Networks in the nation according to SDI, and voted as one of the “ Best Places to Work ” in the Phoenix metro area by the Phoenix Business Journal. We encouraged you to read more information about Banner Health. We recommend the following options:
The Medical/Surgical ICU at Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center is devoted to the care of the critically ill patient. The unit serves a medically and surgically diverse patient population that includes liver, kidney, and pancreatic transplants; high risk obstetrics, liver failure, toxicology, complex abdominal surgeries, and sepsis/multi-system organ failure.
- Why Banner Health?
- Banner Health Benefits
- Banner Health Careers
Typical treatment plans for patients in this patient population include CRRT, ECMO (Extra Corporeal Membrane Oxygenation), multiple vasopressors, Swan-Ganz catheters and advanced respiratory treatments (i.e. ventilators, oscillators, Nitric oxide).
The Transplant Nurse Practitioner would be responsible for collaborating with the Transplant Surgeons and surgical residents in following pre and post kidney, liver, and pancreatic transplant patients as well as listed and non-listed End Stage Liver Disease patients and patients with hepatobiliary disease in the acute care setting. Some of the daily responsibilities would be clinical evaluations, ensuring quality measures are being met, entering orders and following up on diagnostic testing, coordinating care with members of the multidisciplinary transplant team, managing transfers out of the ICU, patient/family planning and education, and assisting with discharge planning. Additional responsibilities would be to provide education to the Surgical/Medical residents and the ICU and step down nursing staff and to be involved in process improvement activities specific to this patient population.
This position is educationally and clinically prepared to provide advanced nursing care to specialized patient populations. Provides patient assessments through patient exams, medical history, interpretation of diagnostic procedures, and development and implementation of patient treatment plans. Provides consultation and education as a highly specialized practitioner within scope of practice. Acute Care NP (ACNP), Pediatric Nurse Practitioner - Acute Care (PNP-AC), and Neo Natal NP (NNP) assess health status, diagnoses health conditions, and plans care to address acute and critical patient care needs. This NP plans and initiates treatment to achieve and maintain physical system stability during an episode of acute, unstable, and/or critical illness. Population focus for the ACNP and PNP-AC is with patients with acute, unstable, and/or critical illnesses; individuals with complex chronic illnesses who are experiencing episodic illness or an exacerbation of one or more chronic illnesses; and their families with goal of treatment to restore the patient to previous or optimal level of physical function and health. This position works within the scope specified by the applicable State Board of Nursing Scope of Practice, as well as the organizations medical staff bylaws.
- Functions independently as an advance practice registered nurse practitioner and consults with or refers patients to other health care providers or agencies as appropriate. Facilitates collaborative practice and interdisciplinary planning with patient-care team. Uses both advance nursing and medical knowledge in providing direct patient care.
- Provides comprehensive nursing care by promotion of health, prevention of illness and injury, and alleviation of suffering through the diagnosis and treatment of human response. Oversees and/or participates in direct patient care through assessment, diagnosis, and outcome evaluation. Performs a comprehensive history and physical with emphasis to the practice specialty. Plans and initiates appropriate treatment modalities and monitors them for efficacy and complications throughout their course of treatment that includes ordering and prescribing medical devices and equipment, nutrition, diagnostic, and supportive services. Prescribes, procures, administers, dispenses over the counter, legend, and controlled substances. Performs procedures within scope of practice.
- Demonstrates expertise in nursing by synthesizing a broad array of information and knowledge from a wide variety of sources and brings that synthesis to bear on nursing practice. Demonstrates clinical expertise within specialty based nursing practice. Serves as a resource and support to enhance the body of nursing knowledge.
- Integrates knowledge, diagnostic reasoning, and critical thinking skills to make effective decisions that enhance nursing practice and quality of care. Uses clinical inquiry to determine appropriate clinical practice. Integrates critical thinking skills with systems knowledge, educational commitment, and leadership ability.
- Follows current practice competencies and evidence-based practice standards in the area of specialty. Contributes to evidence-based practice through generating, translating, and/or implementing research. Discovers, examines, and evaluates knowledge and theory. Serves as a change agent when introducing and integrating evidence-based practices. Participates in unit and/or facility shared leadership.
- Consults on patients as requested by physicians and/or nurses and provides support as needed. Provides formal and informal educational opportunities for staff with emphasis specific to practice specialty.
- Contributes to profession and society through activities that lead to excellent patient outcomes through timely, effective, efficient, equitable and safe care. Adheres to the ANA code of ethics for nurses. Exhibits organizational stewardship through efficient use of health care resources. Assists with monitoring, evaluation and interpretation of quality indicators. Functions using the standards of professional performance including collegiality, interdisciplinary collaboration, coaching /guidance/empowerment, and consultation. Adheres to quality measures/standards as defined by regulatory/licensure bodies, and interprets dimensions of nursing care requirements at local and system level.
Must possess knowledge of clinical care and patient treatment as normally obtained through the completion of masters degree in nursing. Must be approved to practice as an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner, Pediatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner, or Neo Natal Nurse Practitioner by the State Board of Nursing by proof of license/certification. Requires current RN license in state of practice. Must be certified to practice by the State Board of Nursing within a particular population as a nurse practitioner. Requires current BLS certification. Must have prescribing and dispensing authority granted by the state board of nursing. Requires personal DEA license. Additional technical and professional certifications may be required based on type of nurse practitioner and scope of delineation document under medical staff services for an individual facility. Exhibits an exemplary professional demeanor and interpersonal relationship skills. Demonstrates proficiency in computer applications and database management.
DNP or PhD preferred. Previous relevant experience preferred. Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Banner Health - 16 months ago
If you thrive on change and you’re looking to be part of the future of health care, you belong at Banner Health.