The Business Analytics Manager will be able to work with business and technical leaders to provide answers to critical business questions. They will be responsible for leading the delivery of reporting and data solutions that support the decision-making needs of Senior Merchant Leadership Team. This person will also play a key role in building out the Business Analytics team. The ideal candidate will have previously worked within a Business Analytics team and has a background in the retail industry.
• Deliver reports, insights, and/or data to the Senior Merchant Leadership team to support the decision-making process and meet ad hoc requests. Manage multiple concurrent workstreams/requests and be able to respond to changing business priorities.
• Interface directly with Senior Leaders
• Build Ross-specific knowledge of business operations and data needs – areas of focus include Merchandising, Planning, Operations, and Strategy. Use this knowledge, as well as a working understanding of the Ross Microstrategy reporting systems, to provide analytics that answer business questions. Engage with these business units to develop long-term relationships in order to deliver quality insights.
• Provide technical expertise, guidance, and best practices for solutions delivered by the Business Analytics Team. Provide input into IT architecture and technology decisions that will impact the Business Analytics Team.
• Perform business analysis activities at the strategic, operational, and organizational level; working with key users in the continual improvement of business processes
• Represent the IT program team internally through stakeholder interviews, participation in cross-functional meetings, content development for executive presentations
• Perform ongoing review and analysis of program strategy and methodology with goal of continuous improvement by identifying, escalating, and resolving issues critical to program success
• Manage the recruitment, retention, and career development of internal staff
• Manage, mentor, and lead internal and external staff as defined in project structures
• Manage Business Analytics Analysts – provide direction of work activities and ensure results are effectively meeting business needs. Train, guide, and mentor analysts to deliver superior quality solutions.
• Align with Data Warehouse IT team
• Contribute to strategic planning, monthly status reporting, budgeting and other assigned special projects as required by position
• Communications and Influence
• Planning and Organization
• Technical Competence/Expertise
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
• At least 8-10 years of Business Intelligence and/or Business Analytics work experience, with at least 3 of those years directing or managing a team
• At least 3-5 years of Retail experience, ideally supporting Merchandising, Planning, Operations, or Strategy
• An undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related study
• Demonstrated competency in Business Intelligence concepts such as self-service reporting, data warehousing, architecture, etc.
• Demonstrated competency in project management and the execution of multiple concurrent workstreams
• Extensive experience with MicroStrategy 9.x – Desktop, Web, OLAP Services, Report Services, Architect, and Distribution Services/Narrowcast
• Professional characteristics/motivators:
o Motivated by the desire to make a difference in the business, to work with a highly talented
o set of peers, and to work on interesting projects
o Outstanding work ethic; displays a high sense of urgency to resolve issues quickly and
PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED:
• Experience working with packaged retail applications such as Oracle Retail Merchandising System (RMS), Oracle Retail Data Warehouse (RDW), Oracle Retail Distribution Management System (RDM), JDA Arthur Planning, JDA Allocations, and PeopleSoft Financials / HR
• Management Consulting experience
• IBM Netezza experience
• Experience and/or knowledge of other self-service business intelligence tools
Business Analytics Analyst
Ross Stores - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store. It takes an...