This position is responsible for the day-to-day instruction, training, post-release employment placement and overall leadership of our Culinary Arts Program. Helps students find gainful employment upon release, work with employers and students to help sustain their employment and works with the evaluator to complete follow-up data collection.
EEOC CODE: 02
GRADE: 44 Minimum Qualifications 1. Four (4) year's experience in the Culinary Field and/or Restaurant Management; and
2. Graduation from an accredited School with an Associate's Degree in Occupational Studies with a concentration in Culinary Management; or
3. Two (2) year's experience in the Culinary Field and/or Restaurant Management; and
4. Graduation from an accredited College or University with a Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality and Resort Management, Public Administration or Business Administration
5. (PROOF OF EDUCATION, TRAINING AND/OR EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED) Special Requirements 1. Must be able to function in a prison environment.
2. Must have a valid Tennessee Driver's License or secure one as of employment date.
3. Must be able to work on holidays, shift work, evenings and weekends as required.
4. Must pass NCIC background check.
5. Will be required to pass a drug test and TB screen. Duties and Responsibilities 1. Teaches Culinary employment skills classes, works with local companies to create job opportunities for the incarcerated population.
2. Networks with local companies to create job opportunities and help program graduates secure and maintain gainful employment.
3. Works with the incarcerated population to help gain and sustain their employment and works with the evaluator/Counselor to complete follow-up data collection with the families.
4. Works with Shelby County Division of Corrections to place the incarcerated population on work release and work line assignment while incarcerated in gainful employment upon release.
5. Maintains files consistent with privacy requirements.
6. Maintains a database of companies interested in hiring participants.
7. Provides weekly summary reports of contacts.
8. Maintains log of phone calls made to companies documenting terms of hire and reasons for refusing to hire.
9. Monitors employment placements in the community.
10. Performs related responsibilities as required or directed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities 1. Knowledge and skills working with an incarcerated or other high risk population, specifically in the area if Culinary Arts, including Training.
2. Interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
3. Knowledge of Computer software with MS Office Suite and Internet
4. Ability to work independently and as a team player
5. Ability to work in a corrections center environment with prisoners and their families
6. Ability to work with diverse personalities
Work Location 1045 Mullins Station Road, Memphis, Tennessee 38134 Shelby County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, national origin or handicap status
Shelby County Government participates in E-Verify
Equal Opportunity Employer
Memphis and Shelby County Health Department
- 3 years ago - save job
Shelby County Health Care Corporation, dba Regional Medical Center at Memphis (The MED), provides a variety of health care services to the...