**Part time night position available, in addition to PRN positions.
- Administer oral and IM medications correctly and have knowledge of drug use.
- Administer IV medications and maintain proper insertion sites according to HCMC policies and procedures.
- Utilize the nursing process to initiate an admission process; and individualize and implement a nursing care plan, including patient/family education and discharge planning.
- Demonstrate expertise in systems assessments, recognition of significant changes in patient condition, establishment of priorities, and nursing interventions.
- Ensure complete documentation of all aspects of assigned patients.
- Promote the team concept through interpersonal relationships with patients, families, medical staff and/or other health care providers to coordinate medical and nursing management of patient care.
- Demonstrate respect for patients' rights, privacy and serve as a patient advocate.
- Communicate with families regarding the patient's condition.
- Assist the medical staff when necessary with procedures.
- Ability to do treatments and maintain sterile procedures.
- Direct admissions, dismissals and transfers of patients.
- Have working knowledge of Obstetrics, Nursery, Emergency Room, Cardiac, Geriatrics, Pediatrics and Medical-Surgical areas.
- Provides direct supervision and oversight to LPNs and CNAs. Provides direction and supervision of LPN-Cs. Assesses and documents on the IV condition of assigned LPN or LPN-C patients at least once every 24 hours, or more frequently if the patient condition or IV therapy are changed.
Howard County Medical Center - 17 months ago