If you are a CDL Driver who wants to be part of a fast growing team and you have an interest in operating tools and machinery to de-manufacture and recover electronic devices then Securis has the right opportunity for you. We specialize in data destruction, which means you would have a chance to work with industrial machinery to pulverize hard-drives and other electronic media.
Our Assistant Security Technicians have clean CDL driving records plus great customer service skills. They are responsible for working with our team to provide our top-of-the-line service to clients while ensuring the impression they leave is in line with our customer’s expectations. Your primary responsibility is to assist the Lead Security Technician. Securis is listed on the Inc. 500 as one of the fastest growing privately owned companies in America.
Duties and Responsibilities
Technician must have proven experience driving 26ft straight trucks in both rural and city environments. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works with Security Technician to move computers and other heavy electronic equipment.
- Uses electronic scanning equipment to log equipment into Securis’ proprietary inventory system.
- Removes data storage devices from electronic devices and operating equipment that destroys data storage devices.
- Assists with the activities of the Lead Security Technician to ensure highest level of customer service.
- Assists with the transportation of client data and equipment.
- Drivers are responsible for ensuring safe driving practices including non-cell phone use while driving and never reversing without a co-worker outside the truck to guide you.
- Non-Drivers must be alert and help to ensure safe driving practices by the driver, handling cell phone usage when necessary and guiding the driver from outside when the truck is in reverse.
- Interacts with customers for extended periods of time, ensuring the impression you leave with our clients is in line with our overall image goals.
- Loads and unloads commercial vehicles with equipment and securing those loads for transportation.
- Responsible for the overall appearance of the vehicles and equipment used to execute services on the vehicle.
- Maintains the operating condition of all data purging devices and maintains a basic understanding for all device maintenance.
- Ensures all equipment in Securis facility has the data removed and placed in its required location.
- Operates equipment that destroys hard drives and computer tapes.
- Assists the activities of the warehouse staff to ensure a positive and efficient work experience.
- Responsible for segmenting all equipment from a given project based on the type of equipment and the way that it is processed.
- Responsible for processing equipment, which includes the manual dis-assembly of electronic equipment and putting those components in a specified container.
- Loads and unloads trucks prior to and at the completion of a given project.
- Maintains the cleanliness and overall appearance of the warehouse.
- Responsible for going off-site in personal vehicle to acquire materials needed to execute our primary business functions.
- Ensures that all the segmented “scrap” is labeled.
- Handles the delivery and shipping of a multitude of goods.
- Operates a pallet jack including building and maneuvering boxes on pallets.
- Attends and participates in weekly operations meetings.
- Uses an industrial scale to weigh and label volumes of scrap material.
- Ensures that clients who drop off equipment are treated well and the execution of the drop-off is in compliance with PC Recycler’s SOP.
- Maintains the physical security protocols we have in place and ensuring others follow said protocols.
- Maintains the operation condition of all warehouse tools and machinery used to execute Securis’ primary functions.
- Works a Saturday “event” from 9:00 am – 2:00 pm periodically, or nor more than one Saturday a month.
- May be required to travel long distances overnight, as needed.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees or organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Must be able to quickly resolve problems and act accordingly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Tracer Plus software.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid driver’s license (valid CDL license required)
Metal destruction machine
NSA certified degausser
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
Oral communication skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters in a warehouse setting while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to cold and/or heat depending on outside weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
$16.00 to $20.00 per hour plus bonus
Securis offers a choice of two different health insurance plans: a PPO and a traditional HMO, which includes health, dental and vision insurance. 401k with Company match. Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays.
Please complete the online application at http://www.securis.com/careers .
Securis - 10 months ago
Originally founded as PC Recycler in 2000 and based in the Washington, DC-metro area, Securis is an industry-leading provider of information...