The Bulk Plant Operator is responsible for blending and loading cement, chemicals, and/or acid needed to perform each Pumping Services job, and for maintaining the bulk plant and chemical warehouse.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review job proposals or call sheets from Coordinators to understand nature of job, volumes required, and to prepare for blend.
- Calculates, pours, measures, and weighs chemicals/cement/acid blends.
- Monitor pneumatic pressure of tanks and control values to increase/decrease flow of materials from one tank to the next during blending and loading processes.
- Load blended cement/chemicals/acid to Bulk or Acid trucks for transport to customer site; retain a field sample of blended cement or acid for back up or testing purposes.
- Track and maintain inventory of chemicals, cement and acid; order routine cement or raw acid products from pre-established suppliers as needed.
- Load and unload orders from suppliers through use of pallet jacks and forklifts.
- Perform maintenance and repairs on Bulk Plant equipment (blowers, Bulk equipment, forklifts, etc).
- Assists with driving Bulk Trucks and Acid Transports to load cement and acid as needed.
- Complete, submit, and maintain required paperwork (i.e. inventory levels, freight, blend/load documentation, etc).
- Maintains Sanjel Safety Standards at all times: shop, yard, location and while traveling.
- Reports all hazards or potentially hazardous situations, accidents, incidents and injuries immediately to supervisor.
- Attends weekly Safety Meetings.
- All other duties assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the environment is moderate to loud.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms, lift and manage up to 100 pounds; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear and smell. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS – EDUCATION, SKILLS, ABILITIES, EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Class A Commercial Driver License (CDL) with Hazmat endorsement, or ability to obtain both within 90 days
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team; strong sense of teamwork
- Problem recognition and solving skills
- Highly safety conscious
- Strong math skills- able to understand and calculate ratios, percentages, and volumes
- Ability to work a schedule of 15 days on and 6 days off.
PREFERRED – EDUCATION, SKILLS, ABILITIES, EXPERIENCE:
- Familiarity with oilfield terminology and equipment a plus
- Working knowledge of Emergency Response Plans, Location and use of all required safety equipment, Fire fighting and hydrogen sulfide beneficial
- Familiarity with Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), Transport of Dangerous Goods (TDG), and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Sanjel provides quality, integrated oilfield services. We help our customers increase the productive potential of their wells through the...