The Engineering Intern will work closely with the Project Engineer(s) in the Bindings product group throughout the product development process in creation of new or redesigned products. He/she will be mentored by a Project Engineer during the ongoing product development process and will take on smaller projects scaled to the scope of their tenure.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Develop specifications such as 3D models, 2D drawings, Bills of Material and other documentation to facilitate manufacture of product.
- Direct manufacturing or building of prototype product, equipment or tooling
- Coordinate research regarding materials and constructions for all projects
- Create and analyze test data/reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications
- Complete tolerance study of project and relate results through the specification package
- Adhere to quality system processes and work with quality personnel to ensure product has met all specifications
- Acknowledge that his/her work affects the quality level of the final product
- Manage project through design process and track progress
- Take on other duties as assigned by the Mentoring Project Engineer as appropriate
- Pursuing a 4-year degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Must have working knowledge of CAD software and technical drawings. Solidworks preferred.
- Must be proficient with basic computer skills such as Microsoft Office.
- Needs organized approach to work and efficient scheduling of personal time.
- Able to function as a team player while at the same time be self motivated.
- Must have effective communication and organization skills.
Burton - 16 months ago
The Burton Corporation made snowboards before boardsports became extreme. The company, doing business as Burton Snowboards, is the...