The Manager, Regional Business Development, is responsible for achieving specific market Goals in terms of growing Acceptance, particularly in Tier 1 merchants. This will include acquisition, awareness, activation, testing and servicing of accounts directly and through partner organizations.
The position supports the delivery of the strategic and tactical plans for acquiring, processor and merchant management.
The goals are to
1. Broaden network acceptance, market share and revenue in region by driving long-term contractual commitments with Merchants through Acquirers and Processors and direct to DCI as appropriate
2. Serve as an internal SME on assigned accounts in addition to the competitive landscape, business environment and industry dynamics within the region
3. Gain merchant parity, strengthen relationships with acquisition partners, maximize transaction readiness, awareness and acceptance for key merchant accounts. Possess expert knowledge of territory accounts, partner relationships and the competitive environment.
4. Manage special projects as dictated by senior management.
Positively Impact Network Acceptance 40% -
• Develop, plan and manage merchant contact strategies and acquirer acceptance plans in accordance with agreed market development strategy
• Act as the liaison between the Network, Acquiring partners, NSP’s and Merchants: Understand the complete acquiring cycle and become the internal topical expert on assigned accounts, competitive landscape, business environment and industry dynamics within the region
• For those Merchants who are not acquired through a current acquiring partner, close acceptance gaps in strategic Tier 1 merchant accounts by signing directly via the DCI ISO process or through a DCI Merchant agreement submitting directly into DCI’s systems.
• Assist Acquiring partners in making joint sales calls to acquire mutually important merchant accounts to close acceptance gaps in Tier 1 merchants
• Obtain merchant buy in to enhance acceptance through company coordinated programs such as Marketing campaigns.
• Develop ongoing relationships with representatives from client support partners to positively impact acquisition
• Monitor and report on market and competitor activities and provide relevant reports and information
• Join with other acquiring partners to support sponsorship activities in order to improve Discover Network awareness
• Develop business relationships that provide positive impact on Discover Network visibility and awareness
• Communicate effectively with internal and external client base and negotiate resolution of operational issues to strengthen business relationships
Positively impact revenue growth and profitability 30% -
• Enhance relationships with acquisition partners (Acquirers and NSP’s) to facilitate Network acceptance and transaction readiness
• Establish tactics for addressing servicing needs pertaining to Network initiatives such as Marketing Campaigns
• Ensure acceptance, awareness, transaction readiness for Acquirer and DCI owned accounts and ensure compliance of Acquirer marketing agreements; through site visits, terminal testing and awareness proving parity with other schemes on acceptance, awareness and signage placement
• Provide service support to internal and external
• Coordinate and implement special projects, signage and awareness blitzes.
Adhere to Performance Standards and Accountability 20% -
• Assist in the planning, coordination and execution of strategic business plans that addresses the servicing needs of the territory
• Work effectively with customer and prospect activity tools and systems and update relevant information on these systems
• Effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks
• Travel extensively to meet business requirements
• Attend trade shows to strengthen awareness and visibility
• Complete administrative responsibilities
• Comply with regulatory and corporate policies and procedures
The person holding this position should have Tier one merchant sales and account management experience within the payments industry preferably with a payment network or association and preferably from an Acquirer or Merchant perspective.
Ideally will have had experience with client facing marketing, have been part of the National / International Accounts sales team for a major Acquirer or Scheme and have worked in a T&E vertical Merchants sales team
In depth payments industry background is desired including an understanding of the industry landscape, card programs and pricing methodology.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
Understanding of financial reports and information is important.
Experience with initiating and implementing marketing programs.
Experience with sales and/or account management experience outside of the UK is preferable and recommended.
Should be comfortable working in a diverse, multi-cultural environment. Must be a self-starter and work autonomously. Travel is required.
The position must reside within the region preferably in London, England. The ability to speak a second language (from the region) fluently within a business environment is preferred and highly recommended.
Lean, Six Sigma and/or demonstrated process improvement expertise a plus
Seems cardholders aren't the only ones getting paid to discover. Discover Financial Services is best known for issuing Discover-brand credit...