The Jack Welch Management Institute at Strayer University seeks exceptional candidates with instructional development and design experience.
The Instructional Designer position will lead the design and development of a whole new breed of executive education courses built on the principles and canon of Jack Welch’s teaching. The successful candidate will possess the methodology, organizational and technological skills necessary to conceive and execute media-rich courses that make use of video, text and interactive activities and result in a truly superior product. The Instructional Designer will work with both the business and academic sides of the Jack Welch Management Institute and specifically with subject matter experts (SMEs) to plan the development of specific courses according to the development/improvement schedule of the Institute.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
• Develop high quality courses that meet the academic standards and are delivered on time
• Contribute to an environment of innovation, collaboration, and overall excellence
• Contribute to the improvement of the Learning Management System
• Collaboratively work with SME’s to design and develop online and on-ground courses
• Possess the ability to review and map course learning outcomes
• Design and develop assessment rubrics
• Design and develop multimedia for use in online courses
• Implement online course materials through the Learning Management Systems
• Master’s Degree in Instructional Design and Technology Minimum of 3 years of experience in instructional design and technology, technical training and information systems
• Strong technology aptitude, communication skills, and project planning experience are a must
• Demonstrated knowledge of the ADDIE model and Adult Learning Theory
• Experience using LMS’s such as Blackboard, D2L, eCollege, etc…
• Proficiency in authoring tools such as Lectora, Articulate and screen capturing software
• Proficiency in development tools such as Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Flash and the Microsoft Office Suite
• Knowledge in using cloud-based applications to manage projects and collaborate with team members.
• Knowledge in mobile technology, gaming and html5
• Ability to troubleshoot issues and problem solve
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Excellent collaboration and consultation skills
• Ability to present online and face to face to large audiences
• Must be able to travel 10% of time
• Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain
• Effectively cope with stressful situations
• Strong mental acuity
Strayer University makes it possible to go back to school while holding down a job. Focusing on providing higher education programs for...