The Closer is responsible for preparing accurate loan closing documents in order to have a fully compliant mortgage loan.
- Verify that that required accurate closing documentation are in file that are needed to close.
- Communicate, as point of contact, with borrower about closing schedule and answer questions about closing.
- Communicate with title companies to gather information for accurate HUD preparation; and coordinate delivery of the documents.
- Communicate with the title company on outstanding closing conditions required to fund the loan.
- Verify that closing documents are signed and dated accurately and according to lender instructions.
- Prepare funds requests so that mortgage loan funds are delivered to the title company for funds disbursement
- Coordinate with other associates to create seamless closing process for customer.
- Handle closing issues and/or complaints from customers regarding the closing process and escalate closing issues to Closing manager.
- Implement company processes during closing process for highest level of customer service.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee will view, have access to, and work with confidential financial data. The employee in this position must adhere to strict confidentiality policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
QUALIFICATIONS- Summarize the typical qualifications in terms of education, years of related experience and other additional technical/professional/trade competencies of this job .
· High School Diploma or equivalent; Associates degree preferred.
- Three (3) or more years experience in a closing or processing role, with heavy customer interaction.
- Three (3) or more years of Mortgage lending experience, with strong knowledge of loan underwriting, processing and closing functions.
- Three 3 or more years experience working on FNMA/FHLMC/FHA/VA programs and guidelines, as well as those of other conventional investors, state/local bond programs and private mortgage insurers.
- Analytical ability to consider consequences of loan closing guidelines.
- Ability to make business decisions during closing process.
- Strong problems solving skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Customer-service oriented.
Work is performed in climate controlled indoor administrative office setting . The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate, depending upon office or meeting location.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate. The employee frequently is required to remain stationary. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move 10 pounds. Vision: Close and distance required with ability to see objects in presence of glare or bright lighting (e.g., computer screen). Speech/Hearing: Frequently interact with management, vendors, coworkers, industry constituents, clients and the public.
Lenderlive Network is and Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and support diversity in the workplace.
We often offer a variety of interest rate choices for each loan program. This gives you the flexibility to choose the rate and points...