Job Code: 1452
The Manager Pharmacy coordinates pharmaceutical care activities, ensures accurate and timely provision of pharmaceutical products and rational drug therapy regimens and oversees departmental operations. This position requires population specific competencies. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Manager Pharmacy responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assigns/coordinates projects and duties among personnel to facilitate quality pharmaceutical care
- Ensures operations within assigned areas of responsibility are functioning in an efficient and organized manner
- Researches problems in operational systems utilizing multiple approaches and makes recommendations for systems changes in both formal and informal manners
- Prepares the departmental budget for assigned area and monitors the budgetary performance of the department, reporting variances to the Director of Pharmacy
- Prepares reports concerning budgetary performance, productivity, medication and system errors, workforce levels and variance
- Manages department staff, including hiring, evaluating performance and competency, and conducting disciplinary/counseling sessions as needed
Reports to the Administrative Pharmacy Director.
Required Physical Demands:
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Light (Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, or up to 10 pounds of force frequently)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): Yes
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Occasionally must work with chemotherapeutic agents. These carcinogenic agents must be handled in a correct manner to nullify the potential biohazardous effects to the environment. Hazards are minimal if safety precautions are utilized. Exposed to frequent interruptions and multiple demands. May be required to work additional hour during the evenings and on weekends.
- Graduation from a program in Pharmacy from an accredited school of pharmacy
- Advanced degree in pharmacy or management and/or a residency or 5 years experience in a management position within a Department of Pharmacy
- Current Oklahoma Pharmacy license
- 15 hours of approved continued education is received annually and the presence of an active license will be deemed proof of such training
- 5 years experience as a Pharmacist
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English (Verbal/Written)
Integris Health - 23 months ago
INTEGRIS Health shoots for integrity by providing a range of health services to residents throughout the Sooner state. The company, one of...