Daktronics, Inc designs, manufactures and sells a wide range of display systems to customers in a variety of markets throughout the world. We focus our sales and marketing efforts on geographical regions, markets and products. The primary categories of markets include Live Events, Commercial, Transportation and Schools and Theatres. Daktronics manufacturing follows a focus factory concept paralleling these four markets.
Live Events Manufacturing builds scoreboards and displays for customers including: colleges and universities, professional teams and facilities, sports federations, and international events and organizing committees.
Position located in Brookings, South Dakota. Candidates must be enrolled and registered as a fulltime student. Ideal candidate should be available to work approximately 15-20 hrs/week during the academic year and at least 20hrs/week during the summer.
1. Will be a liaison between Manufacturing and Engineering.
2. Aid full time staff in:
2.1. Recommending process improvements to streamline product flow and be responsible for implementation of process improvements/lean manufacturing concepts.
2.2. Coordinating with Engineering on major product changes.
2.3. Overseeing implementation of incremental product improvements through ECO process suggestions and overall process improvement opportunities.
2.4. Assisting with construction of prototype cabinet designs to gather feedback and determine effectiveness.
3. Work effectively as a team member, work with little supervision, help when and where needed, make suggestions for process and product improvement, communicate effectively with team members. Be at work on time and maintain good attendance. Be willing to work additional hours as necessary.
4. Other duties as needed to assist manufacturing departments.
1. Full time student pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering Technology, or equivalent and in their sophomore, junior or senior year of school. Only strong performers in undergraduate coursework will be considered. Must maintain an acceptable GPA.
2. Daktronics experience preferred.
3. Computer software experience to include AutoCAD, with ProEngineer preferred but not required.
4. Good communication skills. Fluent in English; written and verbal.
5. Ability to successfully participate as a member of a team.
6. Ability to work with minimum supervision.
7. Ability to learn quickly.
8. Physical Requirements include the ability to:
8.1. lift and carry up to 45 pounds;
8.2. distinguish and identify wire colors;
8.3. ability to work with odors (solder/coating).
9. Valid driver’s license and good driving record. Motor vehicle records will be checked.
10. Effectively exercise discretion and independent judgment.
11. Student must maintain an acceptable GPA.
12. Background check may be conducted.
13. We do not sponsor immigration visas for this position.
Daktronics - 8 months ago
Daktronics always knows the score. The company is a leading manufacturer of electronic displays, audio systems, and timing products. Its...