Functional Roles specific to Customer Access and Data Collection;
- Deliver services within Proactive Services (Customer Support Tools), integration and/or configuration and/or support of Ericsson products and networks in accordance with clearly defined specification in the customer contract (SLA).
- Identify and isolate malfunctioning systems/nodes and if possible apply resolving processes.
- Execute programming on parts of IT-tools to enable that the tools can be used to deliver services in the day to day operations.
- Provide internal support on the CADC Tools Systems, including Data Collector, SQL Server DB, CGI Web Portal, ITK (ISP ToolKit), Next Nine, and SONAR/DCS/LTS servers.
- Perform Preventative Maintenance by performing daily/weekly/monthly health checks on the CADC Tools Systems.
- Perform Maintenance/Patch Upgrades on CADC Tools Systems, as necessary, with an approved method of procedure that has been reviewed by higher level CADC Tools personnel.
- Assist in CADC Trouble Ticket analysis and resolution on a weekly basis.
- Implement CRs (Change Requests) for basic function changes to the CADC Tools Systems, as necessary.
- Develop basic tools and methods to generate customized reports on system usage and health checks of the CADC Tools Systems.
- Provide Technical Support to CNS teams, which include requests for assistance with data retrieval/mining, fault management and system recovery of SONAR/DCS/LTS servers.
- Participate in CADC staff meetings.
- Provide 24/7 On-call Tools support, as requested.
Must have knowledge in 3G W-CDMA/UMTS and 4G LTE technologies, digital telecom switching standards, including network architectures and topology
Must have knowledge with UNIX, Linux (SUSE or CentOS) Operating Systems is required (3 – 5 years experience)
Must have knowledge of programming and scripting languages such as Perl, Java, C/C TCL, etc. (3 – 5 years experience)
Must be able to demonstrate broad experience in IP networking (ie, IP Essentials) and file transfer skills (3 – 5 years experience)
Broad Experience of Ericsson products and platforms (ie, OSS, Charging, IMS etc)
Broad Experience with Bug reporting tools, basic language scripting skills (PERL and shell), and SQL query language / general database skills (3 – 5 years experience)
Broad Experience with web-based content management tools and reporting portals (ie, CGI and PHP)
Minimum of a BA / BS Degree and 2 – 3 years overall telecom experience, incl. equivalent Industry qualifications or a MS Degree and 1 – 2 years overall telecom experience, including equivalent Industry qualifications
1) Must have knowledge with UNIX, Linux (SUSE or CentOS) Operating Systems is required (1 – 3 years experience) including, UNIX skills in Admin, User-level, and O/S maintanance.
2) Must have system level knowledge - HW, RAID configrations, Big data storages, fiber switches, and data recovery/backup.
3) Must have experience in PERL script code custom hooks, data fetchers.
4) Must have experience in PostgreSQL databases.
Broad, basic knowledge of Telecom technologies, products and systems
Learns and is getting trained in Ericsson processes, methods and tools to gain experience. Also participate in mentored, practical experiences to expand his or her Ericsson knowledge
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson - 2 years ago
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society and is a world leader in communications technology and services. Our long-term...