This postion is to support Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.
Demonstrated ability to understand disciplines for planning, analyzing, and designing information systems enterprise-wide or across a major sector of the enterprise. Ability to recommend technical solutions to solving network, platform, and system security problems. Familiarity with Federal and industry INFOSEC policies and regulations. Ability to participate in system engineering and development, to include security requirements analysis and secure system definition and specification development utilizing INFOSEC policies and procedures. Ability to implement test beds of INFOSEC hardware and software solutions. Familiarity with security penetration tools preferred. Experience in log analysis and SSL VPN solutions preferred.
Position Goals/ Duties:
• Maintenance and support of Enterprise VPN SSL Solution
• Scanning patching and remediation of systems
• Maintenance of proxy servers, incident response as necessary.
• Additional projects as assigned.
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in a technical field from an accredited educational institution.
Experience will be considered if individual does not have a Bachelor's degree.
• Networking background
• Experience with Windows, Linux, Unix
• Understanding of proxy technologies
• Ability to create and maintain documentation relative to security practices
• Vulnerability management (scanning, patching, remediation)
• Incident response experience
• Familiarity with DISA STIG's
• Candidate should be able to work well with a team, have solid organization skills, communication skills and be a self starter.
• Minimum of Security+ certification required.
• Experience with Gold Disk scanning tools or other DoD security tools.
• Solid troubleshooting skills and good customer support experience.
• Experience in DoD environment
• Knowledge of DAR (Data at Rest).
• Network Access Control 802.1x.
• Cisco security product .
• IDS log analysis.
• McAfee HBSS.
• Device configuration backup.
Candidates must have U.S. Citizenship or the ability to obtain citizenship and be able to obtain a Secret Clearance.
Preferred: Active Secret Clearance.