The role of the Purchasing Specialist - Liaison is comprised of three primary functions:
1. Purchasing (60%) - Identify, investigate, analyze and make recommendations as to the sourcing of newly
released and previously released service parts from VW Group factories. In addition, the will interface with global Purchasing processes, work closely with the VWGoA Brand and Parts Logistics team to
identify localization and cost saving opportunities, assists business units with the selection of suppliers,
negotiate with suppliers, and interface with personnel from global parts operations.
- Preparing and leading of price negotiations for the inquiries and quotations and observing timing, quality and
Current Service Parts:
- Participating, preparing and participating in Pre-Meeting/CSC OT (Sourcing committee in Kassel)
- Preparing of purchase orders by using the IT system
- Creating and maintaining a business plan and present monthly to management
- Preparing project information and status for Management
- Secure suppliers’ and sub suppliers capacities
- Develop remanufacturing programs
- Direct Supply from US and Mexican suppliers
- Negotiate localizations
- Participate in GSM (Group Staff Meeting)
- Team work with Kassel and Mexico
- Ensure savings for service parts from C3
- Implementing all local service parts/accessories in EBON
- Ensure demands reflected in KBM system
- EPS Business plan calculation
- Develop initiatives for savings
- Establishing processes acc. group template
- Supporting the implementation of systems requested by Kassel
- Interface with production buyers
- Support technical change management/new parts workflow
- Resolve critical supply and backorder issues
New Passat (Chattanooga):
- Negotiation of price claims of the suppliers
- Ensure the supply to dealerships and parts depots
- Supporting adjacent departments (eg. supply chain) to achieve their targets (lead time…)
2. VWGoA Parts Logistics Chattanooga Liaison (20%) – Represent VWGoA Parts Logistics team.
- Identification of new supplier(s) and establishing the workflow in agreement with the Parts Logistics team.
- Price negotiations and optimization for supplier parts and in-house parts, parts and packaging
a. VWGoA representative in daily meetings and project updates.
b. Coordinate meetings with Chattanooga team on an as needed basis. Follow up on key tasks and
objectives to ensure VWGoA Parts Logistics team meets market expectations.
3. VWGoA Quality Analysis team Liaison (20%) - Ensure all VWGoA QA service parts activities are
coordinated with Chattanooga QA team. This includes:
a. Represent VWGoA during Chattanooga QA meetings
b. Maintain service parts version update tracking list to ensure the latest part levels are used as service
Follow Service Parts and Accessories sourcing process, including coordination with counterparts in brands
- Create additional initiatives for savings
- Packaging negotiations for non-serial identical parts and sub components
- Coordination with Quality and other departments as needed
- Change Management Tracking for new parts and new part levels
- Monitor/research/input quality issues in group system
- File contracts and documents for all service parts
- Reach annual price reduction targets set by the Management
- Creating of brand-specific or Volkswagen Group-related inquires, watching, tracking and comparing of quotations for approvals by using the IT system
- Monitor the US supplier markets, evaluate purchasing market trends and initiate measures to improve purchasing performance.
- Support adaptation of Volkswagen specifications to US market requirements
- Participation in VW Group working teams
- Present US material group strategy to local management and to headquarters to reach agreement
Excellent communication skills – interpersonal, presentation and written
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Resource management
- Analytical and conceptual thinking – using logic and reason, creative and strategic
- Computer savvy – skilled in the use of software
- Problem solving methodologyKnowledge of US automotive supplier base
- Project and time management skills
- Purchasing experience
- Strong Excel and Powerpoint skills including data
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug free workplace and perform pre-employmnet substance abuse testing.
James Frizelle's Volkswagen located at Southport, Tweed Heads South, Lismore, Nerang in Queensland, specialises in New Volkswagen, Used Cars...