Sr. J2EE Software Engineer
Content Editor Web Part
Sr. J2EE Software Engineer (Special Clearance Required) located in Linthicum, MD
The candidate shall have 10 years of credible general experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathmatics, or a related discipline to include at least 5 years of verifiable experience in software-intensive projects and programs for Government or Industry customers. Additionally, at least 3 of those years must have been as a Software Engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
- Participate in software developement activities as a member of the development team
- Participate in architecture and software development activities that may include; Specification and the development of technical interfaces and design architectures; translation of requirements into specifications; development and deliver software prototype; analyze, design, and develop software-based solutions meeting business needs; handle complex application features and technical designs; and provide systems and software engineering support to TTO as needed
- Strong experience with SharePoint Services and SharePoint Server
- Strong understanding of C# and ASP.NET
- Sound general understanding of Oracle and SQL with the ability to speak to the differences between Oracle and SharePoint
- Knowledge of Java, J2EE
- Experience with Solaris, Unix, Linux
- Familiarity with software development lifecycle process
- Experience with the following COTS products: VIGNETTE Portal, WebLogic, TOMCAT, Eclipse, Subversion
- Experience in software design, development, integration, and testing
- Significant experience developing systems to operate in a secure, PKI, enabled environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with other highly skilled individual
Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry and typically 9-13 years experience in an engineering classification or either a Master's degree with 7-11 years experience or a PhD degree with 4-8 years experience in an engineering classification.
The candidate shall have an understanding of how UIS code works and how analysts use UIS. Also knowledge of XML parsers, SQL and Perl is required. The candidate must possess development skills in JAVA (threading/thread pooling, RMI, character set encoding, SWING, JDBC, JMS, J2EE, Enterprise Java Beans, WebLogic, Serves and JSP). ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.