Expires: May 1, 2013
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Lawrence & Schiller is the leading advertising and interactive marketing agency in the upper Midwest, providing market intelligence, creative innovation and impactful results for regional and national clients. We are located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, and are seeking a bright, enthusiastic, self-motivated Financial Specialist to work in a team-environment.
The ideal candidate must exhibit a solid understanding of accounting/financial principles (preferably within an agency environment) and have strong initiative to go beyond the call of duty and perform tasks with great precision. Must also have strong analytical skills, be experienced in customer communication and reporting, and possess excellent time management skills. We’re looking for a positive team player who has the flexibility to work independently and possesses strong business ethics and dependability. If you’re a quick learner and are ready to jump in and work hard, we’ll give you the training you need to ensure success
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Entry position responsible for day to day accounts receivable and accounts payable transactions for assigned clients; Initiates and develops project estimates for client approval based on client need and the agency’s stated financial practices.
- Performs functions relating to posting, tracking and paying supplier bills for the agency or within in a client team environment.
- May also perform functions relating to generation of, posting and tracking client invoices and payments.
- Understands core business rules and accounting principles and proactively helps teams and/or agency remain on financial track.
- Responsible for ensuring agency business practices and rules are communicated, documented, executed and enforced by internal team members.
- The position prepares accurate accounting reports as requested for the client and agency management.
- Other financial tasks as needed – initiates and performs research, develops detailed reports, mines statistical reports to unveil significant facts, reviews industry reports to identify best practices and trends, and other support efforts as assigned.
- Positive attitude and professional demeanor is a must!
- Advanced Internet user with excellent computer skills and the ability to learn new programs and processes.
- Good time management skills and ability to work with minimal supervision while maintaining focus and productivity.
- Must display reasoning ability exhibited by critically analyzing processes and procedures and proactively looking for ways to improve overall agency or team financial performance.
- Ability to quickly adapt to, and share, new information to positively influence the agency’s operational practices.
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, financial database and/or excel experience is a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or related field.
Click here to complete an online application .
Or send your resume and samples to:
Lawrence & Schiller, Inc.
Attention: Human Resources
3932 S. Willow Ave.
Sioux Falls, SD 57105
No phone calls!
Lawrence & Schiller - 17 months ago
L&S offers a complete range of contact management services, each one a complement to the other. If you require only a specific service,...