This position provides expert, high-level knowledge of health care, technical skills, and analytical expertise in order to aid the health care professionals of the Pulmonary and Critical Care division at Intermountain Medical Center in Salt Lake City, Utah. The successful candidate work closely with Physicians and research team members to support development and implementation of clinical and financial data reporting to meet the needs of research, clinical programs/services, including research publication projects, and reports regarding information to meet regulatory requirements. This position will also provide consultation and support in the development, analysis, interpretation, and management of a variety of complex data sources to support clinical process improvement. This position will also work collaboratively to assist other division statisticians with varying types of statistical analysis.
**This position may be hired at the senior level (dependent upon experience).
- Works with clinical program/service staff to develop and improve clinical program/service measurement systems. This includes capturing cost, clinical, and satisfaction data associated with specific clinical work processes.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of quality improvement principles, theory, study design and statistical modeling to evaluate clinical programs/services and processes to identify opportunities for improving the delivery of health care services.
- Works collaboratively with clinical program/service analytical and data management teams to develop reports necessary to manage / measure care processes, models and clinical guidelines.
- Understands database content to support development of clinical program/service measurement systems and provide staff support to the Clinical Program/Service leadership.
- Works with clinical programs/services and patient care teams to develop clinical practice summary reports tracking clinical outcome cost and utilization of major clinical programs/services.
- Works with external and regulatory business partners to develop clinical practice summary reports tracking external and regulatory cost and utilization of major clinical programs/services.
- Works collaboratively with information systems, data managers, and analysts to develop and / or modify "vertical data marts" and web reports supporting clinical programs/services such as: tracking clinical programs/services and operational programs.
- Participates in training programs and regional analytical staffs supporting clinical programs/services.
- Participates in outcomes research and development projects supporting collaborative research initiatives between the company and qualified external organizations.
- Is actively involved in teaching and developing others.
- Bachelor's Degree and:
- Four years of experience using statistical software systems, performing statistical analysis, technical writing and working with outcome oriented data
- Four years of experience using statistical research methods in quantitative and qualitative analysis and their use in outcomes reporting
- Master's Degree and:
- Two years of experience using statistical software systems, performing statistical analysis, technical writing and working with outcome oriented data
- Two year of experience using statistical research methods in quantitative and qualitative analysis and their use in outcomes reporting
(Bachelor's or Master's degree must be obtained through an accredited institution; Education is verified)
- Experience using word processing, spreadsheet, database, internet and e-mail applications
- Experience performing moderately-complex database queries using SQL
- Ability to travel to various locations
- Manual Dexterity, Seeing, Speaking
- Master's Degree or higher
- Bachelor’s Degree in math, statistics, or computer science
- Experience using statistical software systems such as SAS, SPSS, Statit, etc
- Experience using query tools such as Toad, SQL Developer, etc
- Experience or familiarity with unique regulatory requirements as they relate to HEDIS, NCQA, Medicaid, Medicare and CHIP
- Experience in ambulatory or hospital setting with awareness of national issues in the healthcare industry
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...