Purpose: The position of Vice President of Nutrition Research & Development in Scientific Affairs reports to the Chief Science Officer. The VP is responsible for leadership of the Scientific Affairs Team as directed by CSO. This leadership will be consistent with core values, mission and goals of the organization.
Summary of Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Tasks, Activities and Functions:
- Manages Scientific Affairs Department staff to be consistent with company core values, mission and goals.
- Implements all Scientific Affairs Department Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Monitors manufacturer performance and quality criteria.
- Maintains a scientific database for support of global consumable product claims.
- Maintains quality, safety and efficacy standards for all consumable products.
- Implements policies and procedures for cGMP functions.
- Maintains and coordinates global regulatory strategies for consumable products.
Position Requirements (Minimum):
- Coordinates all new consumable product innovation projects.
- Monitors consumer and scientific product innovation trends.
- Maintains and implements Finished Product as well as Ingredient Specification Sheets for all products.
- Implements continual consumable product innovation development process for both existing and new products.
- Support for all consumable product consumer inquiries/replies.
- Maintains secure and confidential files of company consumable product Intellectual properties (formulations, batch records, analytical results).
- Consults with CSO for all manufacturer requested existing product ingredient changes.
- Implements all Scientific Affairs SOP’s.
- Reviews and documents all new ingredient criteria and use.
- Provides scientific support and documentation (files) for all consumable products.
- Develops and maintains new vendor qualification criteria and processes.
- Designs, implements and maintains consumable product analytical testing protocol and manufacturer release procedures.
- Establish and maintain consumable product innovation scientific database and library.
- Evaluates potential new innovation product ingredients.
- Set-up a system as well as maintain and communicated the required documentation to global regulatory agencies for consumable products.
- Coordinates with manufacturers all global regulatory (FDA cGMP) requirements and documentation.
- University degree (PhD.) in a Life Science curriculum.
- 10-15 years experience in direct work experience in a scientific affairs capacity.
- Working knowledge of current Internet technologies.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience at working independently as well as in team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Customer service skills essential.
Beachbody - 2 years ago
Body-conscious consumers keep Beachbody (formerly Product Partners, LLC) busy. Founded in 1998 by CEO Carl Daikeler and president Jon Congdo...