- Delivers product and materials to large format customers by driving and maneuvering a truck having a gross vehicle weight of over 26,000 pounds.
- Interacts with customers in a way that is consistent with PBV ideals and values.
- Operates a hand-held device to accurately complete sales transactions.
- Supports movement, loading, and unloading of product and materials using a wide variety of material handling equipment at highly proficient levels (examples: forklift, pallet jack, switcher, tractor-trailer).
- Operates and works with various support systems, documents, and equipment to document logistics and selling activity including BOL, VCR, and a hand held computer.
- Adheres to all DOT regulations and safety guidelines.
- Follows all company rules and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED required. Class A CDL required. Must be able to pass a DOT physical prior to first day of employment. (Must be able to obtain a CDL permit by the 15th business day and 45 business days from their date of hire in which to obtain the license, if CDL is not currently held.) One (1) year commercial driving experience in local delivery preferred. Excellent customer service in a DSD experience preferred. Must be able to perform basic financial calculations, such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Must have good written and oral communication skills. Must have good organizational skills. Must have good prioritization ability. Must be able to perform heavy physical labor for extended periods of time. Must have corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Must be able to successfully complete forklift certification. Must be detail-oriented. Must be able to meet PBV driving qualifications. Must be able to work hours necessary to complete assigned tasks.
Constantly (67% - 100%) required to sit and drive. Frequently (34% - 66%) required to stand, lift up to 85 pounds easily, and push/pull 300 pounds on a hand cart. Position requires physical functioning in accordance with DOT guidelines and the ability to stretch, crawl, and grasp in order to complete DOT vehicle inspection. Position requires manual dexterity and the ability to pull heavy loads utilizing a manual hand-jack.
Must be able to speak, read, and write English proficiently.
Unfortunately, we will be unable to offer visa sponsorships to candidates. EOE M/F/D/V
Pepsi Bottling Ventures - 19 months ago
Pepsi Bottling Ventures (PBV) is the largest privately-held bottler for Pepsi-Cola products in North America – manufacturing, selling,...