A key role in the Public Affairs Administration team, the Technology Coordinator provides Public Affairs with onsite daily technical expertise and the capacity for long-range planning. The Technology Coordinator coordinates technology solutions, from planning to deployment and support, working closely with Public Affairs staff as well as adherence with processes and procedures established by IS&T. The Technology Coordinator assists the Dir., Administration to foster technology adoption, efficient operations and overall quality of work processes and results.
- Plan, implement, and administer technology solutions to address Public Affairs business needs
In coordination with the Dir., Administration and IS&T units translate strategic initiatives into technical specifications; establish and coordinate deployment/migration plans; develop testing plans and documentation for technology solutions.
- Provide subject matter expertise for Public Affairs technology solutions
In coordination with the Dir., Administration, stay current with Public Affairs environment, goals, and business processes, and use that knowledge and experience to develop documentation related to best practices for technology solutions; develop and conduct training. Act as escalation point of IS&T staff; gather information needed to fully understand issues considering all aspects of computing environment; validate assumptions; develop recommendations.
= Support and basic technology administration functions
Perform technology administration functions such as user account creation, account resets, and permissions within Public Affairs applications. Establish and coordinate deployment of desktop publishing tools in conjunction with IS&T staff. Implement corrective action and coordinate tasks as required; follow up after solutions have been implemented. Develop hardware and software specifications to meet technology solution needs.
- Support for events and other duties
Provide A/V support for Public Affairs meetings and functions and perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma plus 4 years of experience supporting a diverse environment using Apple technology, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires knowledge of Microsoft OS, PC hardware, MAC OS, Apple hardware, MS Office tools and other desktop software
- Must possess strong technical background and aptitude to allow understanding, coordination, execution and documentation of technology solutions
- Able to adjust to changes in priorities and demands on time
- Ability to work with minimal supervision with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new circumstances
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent language and people skills
- Must be flexible and willing to work extended hours as necessary and recognize the need to do so
- Ability to adjust scheduled time
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience translating technological terms into lay terms for professional staff with a wide variety of technology skills and experience
- Excellent organization as well as oral and communications skills
The hiring range for this position is $23.52 - $30.57 per hour.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Washington University offers a variety of benefits:
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Care Insurance
-Long Term Disability Insurance
Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Washington University in St. Louis is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women, ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Washington University in St. Louis - 10 months ago
Employer of Choice in the St. Louis area!
Washington University School of Medicine is an employer of choice in the St. Louis area. The...