Sr. SAP ABAP Developer - Bath, ME preferred - Remote OK
Remote Work Authorized
Feb 12, 2013, 11:13:52 PM
Essential Job Functions
- Codes, tests, debugs, implements, and documents highly complex programs. Develops complex test plans to verify logic of new or modified programs.
- Designs systems and programs to meet highly complex business needs. Prepares detailed specifications from which programs are developed and coded. Creates appropriate documentation in work assignments such as program code, and technical documentation. Identifies issues, recommends document changes and implements same.
- Gathers information from existing systems, analyzes program and time requirements. Prepares time estimates and justifications for assigned tasks and provides recommendations to project managers.
- Supports project personnel in resolving fairly complex program problems. Works with client and management to resolve issues and validate programming requirements within their areas of responsibility. Provides technical advice on complex programming.
- May serve as technical project lead; provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel. Conducts quality assurance activities such as peer reviews. Provides recommendations and revisions to programs and documents.
- Provides consulting services in a technical and/or managerial capacity to management and technical staff. May represent company in presentations or conferences involving customers, co-contractors, suppliers, competitors, academia or the public.
- Develops work plans and work estimates for large scope projects.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics or related field preferred
- Twelve or more years of programming or testing experience
- Experience working with appropriate programming languages, operating systems and software
- Experience working with relational databases to facilitate programming software
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- On-site Bath, ME preferred
- U.S. Citizenship
- 5+ Yrs experience with SAP ABAP Programming
- Strong skills in programming
- Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of programs
- Good leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
- Good interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
- Communication skills to work effectively with team members, support personnel, and clients
- Project management skills
- Ability to work as part of team and independently
CSC - 14 months ago
For over 50 years, CSC has been a leader in the global IT industry.
Early on, we were instrumental in the rise of the U.S. space...