Are you an experienced Linux System Engineer who cares about quality and performance? Do you crave making an OS stable and reliable? Do you want to help build the world’s premier cloud environment? Then this is the job for you.
The team is responsible for qualifying the OS platform that is used to support the Amazon's server infrastructure. This includes qualifying both new software and new hardware. The team is also responsible for automating the qualification of this platform and releasing the platform to production.
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated System Engineer to join the team. The responsibilities include building test capacity, running qualifications and deploying the platform to production. We are looking for someone who is good at system level scripting to help automate these tasks as we move to a “no touch” qualification model. We want someone who understands how to scale fleets as well as dive deep into troubleshooting problems that arise.
Most of our tools are currently written in Python, but we do have some in Java, Ruby and Perl.
The position is located in Seattle, WA
For more information on Amazon Web Services please visit: http://aws.amazon.com
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- At least 3 years of industry experience focused on Linux.
- Proficiency in using the typical Linux toolbox of open source software and management tools.
- Scripting proficiency with shell and either Perl or Python.
- BS in Computer Science.
- 5+ years of industry experience focused on Linux including both software development and system administration.
- A solid understanding of the Linux boot process and problem diagnosis.
- Experience maintaining open source packages and/or working with the open source community.
- Experience packaging software with RPM or deb.
- Experience maintaining large scale Linux implementations.
- Proficient with Python, capable with Perl, and familiar with C, C++, and Java.
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...