The Store Manager provides leadership and enthusiasm that drives an exceptional customer experience, overall operational execution and total store results. The Store Manager fosters a high quality work environment that establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships that always exceed the customer’s expectations. The Store Manager leads, executes all company initiatives, is results driven, fosters team development, and ensures that sales and profitability goals are exceeded. The Store Manager is responsible for all aspects of managing a single retail store; including merchandise, inventory, and expense control.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding customer service by providing a friendly helpful environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, exchanging names, maintaining outstanding standards, demonstrating solid product knowledge and meeting all other components of company’s customer service guidelines.
- Identify, recruit, and hire qualified sales associates with a passion for nutrition, health and sales.
- Train, develop and assess performance of sales associates in all aspects of the business to ensure they have the skills, product knowledge and operations skills to provide a consistent World Class Customer Experience.
- Document the return of damaged, discontinued or expired products.
- Responsible for the career development, retention, and succession planning of store’s associates
- Monitor, analyze and measure sales performance; develop and implement plans to maximize sales and meet or exceed sales goals and objectives.
- Ensure appropriate merchandise stock levels, merchandise presentations, and signing is current and displayed properly.
- Responsible for a clean store that includes fixtures, shelves, baskets, backroom, bathroom and floor according to company policy.
- Review store trends. Recommend and initiate changes for maximizing goals and objectives.
- Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures through regular store management and staff meetings, store walk-through and audits, etc.
- Operate the cash register, accept payment, make change, provide receipts and bag merchandise for customers.
- Create appropriate schedules based on business needs and payroll guidelines directed by the Home Office or District Manager.
- Communicate effectively with District Manager, Home Office, and peers.
- Collaborate with District Manager to establish clear performance goals and objectives.
- Foster a pleasant work environment for all associates.
Vitamin World - 5 months ago
In our fast-paced world, it's important to remember to take your vitamins. A subsidiary of NBTY, Vitamin World operates more than 400 r...