Founded in 1999, salesforce.com is the enterprise cloud computing company that is leading customers in their transformation to become social enterprises . Social enterprises are able to connect with customers, partners and employees in entirely new ways. Based on salesforce.com's real-time, multitenant architecture, the company's platform and application services give customers the tools to create a true social front office and revolutionize the way they sell, service, market, collaborate, work, and innovate. With more than 9,000 employees, the first enterprise cloud computing company to exceed $2.5B in annual revenue run rate, and more than 100,000 customers worldwide, we are proud to contribute to the success of companies of all sizes and industries, around the globe. We're also one of the "Best Places to Work" (FORTUNE). If you're passionate about innovation, come help revolutionize how companies collaborate and communicate with customers.
About the Applications Server Infrastructure team
The Applications Server Infrastructure team’s charter is to build out the infrastructure to enable fundamental infrastructure pieces that support the Salesforce platform. We are one of the few teams that has an impact across all Salesforce.com products. We are embarking on a mission to introduce technologies to enable the next generation of modern web-applications, which are highly scalable and high performance. This team will play a key role in refining and defining software & processes that manages how our critical application server resources are managed, including moving toward a more dynamic server utilization model. The team is involved in enabling the next generation of Java-based web server technologies, cluster co-ordination services, etc. The team is also responsible for the Java platform (JVM/JDK) in use by the entire R&D organization.
If you are passionate about technology, quality, and performance at large scale and love the challenge of solving complex problem, this is the team for you.
As a Senior Quality Engineer on this team, your responsibilities include:
The team works in the Agile/SCRUM model. Most members are co-located in the San Francisco office.
- Active participation in the design, implementation and deployment of advanced server technologies
- You will be responsible for test planning, test automation and functional testing
- You will collaborate with a dedicated performance-engineering team to design load/stress tests, monitor & analyze results from production systems.
- You will also be involved in investigating production issues related to your features.
- You will also be defining and operationalizing infrastructure deployment strategies for your features
- You will own features from the quality perspective, gaining product-area expertise.
- You will be utilizing your expertise in Java (JDK 6, JDK 7), servlet-based technolgies, Eclipse/IntelliJ IDE.
- Your knowledge and skills with Linux OS (Ubuntu, RedHat) will also be utilized.
- You will collaborate with Release-management/engineers to plan out rollout of infrastructure features.
- You will be working alongside highly talented developers and quality engineers, in a fast-paced environment.
Required Bachelor's Degree in CS or EE with at least 5+ years of experience:
- SQA methodologies (black box and white box testing)
- Strong Java programming skills (not just writing test scripts)
- Java-based test automation, e.g. JUnit, TestNG.
- Used to short release cycles (2-4 weeks) and experienced in the full software lifecycle from design to deployment.