QinetiQ North America’s Services & Solutions Group delivers aerospace operations and systems, engineering and life-cycle management, IT solutions and services, software and systems engineering, and missions solutions. Our core offerings include: space engineering, software solutions and enterprise IT, cyber intelligence, systems integration and engineering, training, modeling and simulation, logistics and life-cycle management.
QinetiQ North America’s Services & Solutions Group is seeking a Tier 2 Voice over IP (VoIP) O&M help desk engineer for our 5 year prime contract located in metro accessible Washington, DC.
The DOJ EOUSA Project provides installation and operations and maintenance (O&M) support for VoIP phone systems in 250 regional offices throughout the US.
QinetiQ North America is an AA/EEO Employer.
This Telecommunications Engineer provides technical direction for telecommunications activities including troubleshooting and maintaining large telecommunications VOIPs. Develops, operates, and maintains voice, video, and data communications systems. Evaluates existing communications systems to identify deficiencies and VOIP performance improvements.
Provide Operations engineering in support of, but not be limited to, the following devices, applications and/or processes:
- As team member, responsible for Tier 2 system support for the Operations and Maintenance (O&M) of the steady state systems within the Enterprise Voice over IP (EVoIP) system, including the test, deployment and production environments;
- Installation/configuration/implementation of test, deployment, and/or production environments in support of development activities
- Deployment of operational systems within the USAO customer base
- Maintain Continuity of Operations (COOP) readiness
- Operation and management of tier 2/3 user support
- Adheres to Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
Consults with user personnel to ensure that problems have been properly identified and that the solution will meet the requirements. Analyzes VOIP performance, usage and traffic flows, accesses and interfaces, transmission techniques, and protocols. Performs VOIP analyses and feasibility studies concerning communications and communication VOIPs. Prepares studies and gives presentations on communications concepts. Provides technical guidance to other personnel concerning data communications requirements. Prepares or participates in preparing functional specifications for acquiring commercially available data communications VOIPs.
- Zervina CPE Manager/ION server configuration and support
- Leonid Loki System Manager portal configuration and support
- Linux Red Hat/Sun Solaris OS administration
- Broadworks R14-R17 configuration and support
- Edgewater Edgeview configuration and support
- Voice Messaging configuration and support
- Audio Codes TDM/IP gateway configuration and support
- LAN/WAN QoS support
- Session Border Controller (SBC) configuration and support
- Installation engineering and support
- System backups and maintenance
- Monthly application patching and maintenance release implementation
Under general direction, develops practical and workable solutions to clients’ technical and business problems. Analyzes requirements and potential solutions for technical and economic feasibility. Competent to work on multiple phases of complex projects independently. Coordinates activities with superiors and client personnel to resolve technical and/or business issues and ensures the successful delivery of the project requirements.
The selected VOIP Engineer must have a BS, or equivalent, and five plus years of related telecommunications experience.
Telecommunications experience should include PBX System Administration, Hunt Group management experience, and SIP familiarity.
Also prefer at least one of: Sylantro, M6, Avaya, CISCO and/or BroadSoft. BroadSoft product experience can include either BroadWorks, BroadCloud and/or BroadTouch softswitch technology.
US Citizenship required; Secret security clearance desired. Must be able to pass a thorough background investigation, including a detailed credit check.
Experience with Edgewater, Adtran, AudioCodes, Acme Packet, LOKI, or Zervina preferred.
Preferred experience includes Solaris and/or Red Hat Linux.