Job Title: IT Application Analyst - Patient Financial Services
Location: New Castle, DE
Responsible for software implementations, upgrades, configuration and support of multiple Patient Financial Services (PFS) computer applications with the major focus on Projects, Operational Readiness and Operations work. This includes coordinating all aspects of sustaining applications in our technical environment. Emphasis for this position will be on medium to complex applications. Works as part of the Information Technology team to resolve application problems and support operations of assigned software. Uses current system and computer technology, and designs, installs and insures continuing operation of systems in all functional areas of CCHS. Acts as an internal consultant to management in disciplines and processes such as scheduling, patient access, master patient index, revenue cycle, billing, claims processing, document management and reporting. Emphasis for this position will be report and extract development and operational support of Patient Financial Services applications.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities in addition to those identified below:
- Work with a team of IT and end-user professionals in the ongoing development and support of business systems. Perform Operational Readiness duties on PFS/HIMS applications via on call rotation.
- Utilize business knowledge to identify opportunities for improvement of existing and/or new information technology that will drive value to the business. Must possess the ability to stay ahead of rapidly changing technologies and to interface the various system components in order to produce effective and efficient solutions.
- Maintain strong communications with Project Leader/Manager/Team Leader as well as other team/staff members, end-users and vendors to ensure a productive and cooperative environment. Communications will be at a professional level.
Qualifications in addition to those identified below
- Knowledge of patient accounting from a hospital and physician perspective as well as scheduling, patient access, revenue cycle, billing, claims processing, document management, and reporting highly desirable.
- Demonstrated understanding of interface concepts and support needs.
- General understanding of billing regulations from both the hospital and physician perspectives, preferred.
- Strong workflow and data flow analysis skills, strong problem solving skills and able to acquire a working knowledge of departmental operations are required.
- Demonstrated ability to use a variety of technology-based tools and techniques. Candidate will be self-motivated to learn and apply current technical facilities as they become available and implemented.
- Technical skills required - SQL Server, Creating Stored Procedures, Crystal Reports,SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Experience with Soarian Financials (General Application, Reports and Cubes, and OMS), and Siemens DSS Scheduler preferred.
- Knowledge of HL7 and x12 (HIPAA EDI) standards preferred.
- Additional knowledge of administrative systems and software applications including MS Office, MS Project, and MS Visio
- Experience and knowledge of the Microsoft technologies in a large enterprise environment is preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of client/server technologies in a corporate network environment is preferred.
- Must be a committed, enthusiastic team player, with a focus on customer satisfaction.
- Must possess strong interpersonal communications skills. Must have the ability to work constructively with customers under adverse situations. Ability to handle difficult situations with people in meetings is required.
- Demonstrated ability to relate technology to the customer so that they are comfortable with using it and perceive value in the service provided.
- Proven ability to manage vendor relationships.
- Must be able to work in a dynamic and changing user environment and be committed to corporate IT standards.
- Must be able to handle multiple challenges
Christiana Care Health system is proud to be an equal opportunity employer whose staff is representative of its community and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, sexual identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, or genetic information.
Job Classification: Information Systems
Job Requisition #: 30533BR
Christiana Care Health Systems - 15 months ago
Christiana Care Health System, headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, is one of the country's largest health care providers, ranking 22nd in...