Job Title : Segment Manager - Multi-Family
Requisition Number : MULTIFAM-2667
Interest Category : Sales / Marketing
Hourly/Salary : Salary
City : Washington DC
State : District of Columbia
Country : United States
Shift : Days
The Multi-Family (MF) Development Manager, reporting directly to the Multifamily Market Development Manager, and working out of your home office leads all Northern Division MF sales, install, and channel initiatives. The incumbent acts as the Company’s primary contact leading all government-related initiatives for the Southern Division’s top 50 MF owners, developers, managers, and architects. The Development Manager builds and enhances strong customer relationships establishing partnerships with each, positioning products as the product and business partner of choice for all MF organizations.
- Develops and implements strategic MF sales and marketing strategies to increase and develop new business to the desired growth goals within the territory.
- Manages others by providing ongoing development, mentoring, and strong learning experiences while establishing goals and coaching performance to meet business targets.
- Develops and implements strategies to ensure that the current business is developed and maintained effectively within the territory.
- Ensures regular collaboration and networking between the district sales team, installation team, and the customer service team.
- Demonstrated skills in developing strategic sales and business plans.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve, craft a win-win solution (collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusion in a timely basis) and negotiating with special emphasis on closing the sale.
- Superior interpersonal and written/oral communication skills with the ability to relate well and cooperate with others to effectively coordinate activities and accomplish goals.
- Proven success in developing new business and generating sales for high-value products and providing total solution selling.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of best sales practices ideally within solution-selling industries.
- Superior presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategic relationships both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated ability to act independently upon information and make decisions that achieve optimal results.
- Results-oriented to ensure delivery of appropriate products and services in an accurate, complete, and timely fashion.
- Demonstrated experience in managing and controlling budgets.
- Demonstrated advanced skills with the standard features of various personal computer word processing, sales force automation, and spreadsheet software (File Maker Pro, MapPoint, Microsoft Word and Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet, CRM and other proprietary software).
- Ability to travel 2-3 days a week.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field (advanced degree preferred).
- 6 or more years of business to business outside sales experience in consumer durables industries with extended value chains (influencing - channel - converter - end user) that require multiple value propositions (preferred).
- 3 or more years in sales management leading and developing sales people.
- Marketing experience (preferred).
James Hardie - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -