Daktronics is recognized worldwide as a leader in supply of electronic score boards, large video display systems, digital messaging solutions and related software for sports, commercial and transportation applications. Our mission is to be the world’s leader at informing and entertaining people through dynamic visual communication systems.
Daktronics internship program provides students an opportunity to gain valuable work experience while earning a degree. We maintain offices and subsidiaries worldwide, including offices in Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, China and Hong Kong, all supported by local accounting professionals.
INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS OF ACCOUNTING:
1. General ledger accounting and SEC reporting
2. International accounting
3. Cost accounting
OPPORTUNITIES IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
1. General ledger accounting and SEC reporting:
• Assist with month-end closing processes,
• Journal entry maintenance,
• Accounts receivable and accounts payable duties, preparation of schedules for SEC filings and financial statement preparation.
• Assist with financial statement audit and internal control audits.
2. Cost Accounting:
• Assist with month-end reconciliation process.
• Maintain key reports for manufacturing and inventory items.
• Assist in analysis of labor and overhead rates.
3. Services Business
• Support and Systems Development:
• Assist the Services Controller with supporting the business in developing and deploying software solutions for services with a focus on the financial transactions flows and related analysis, as well as supporting the accounting for service transactions.
• Assist with Services Accounting (billing, warranty accounting, and reporting),
• Sales Tax Filing (monthly/quarterly sales tax return preparation),
• Project accounting duties (monitoring under billings)
• Daily cash reporting, and internal control testing,
• Posting monthly financial statements and preparing analysis.
• Possibly cash flow preparation.
**Job Responsibilities may vary from department to department.
1. Learn and effectively execute activities relating to functions described below.
2. Work through the Internship Program at their accredited university to arrange for credit while participating in this internship and submit a written report to the Controller upon completion of internship.
3. Become knowledgeable of Daktronics accounting operations and products by working on projects that provide a wide range of exposures.
4. Become knowledgeable of company policies and procedures.
1. Required to take a semester off from school to pursue the internship. Duration of internship will be one summer and Fall 2013 semester.
2. Qualified Internship begins May 2013 and runs through December 2013.
3. Work completed towards an accounting degree. Only candidates who will obtain the 150 credit hours upon graduation will be considered for the above opportunities.
4. Three or more years of education at the time the internship begins.
5. Avid interest in accounting and tax operations.
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
7. Strong computer skills using Word and Excel.
8. Background check will be conducted.
9. Ability to travel. Valid driver’s license and good driving record. Motor vehicle records will be checked.
10. We do not sponsor immigration visas for this position.
Daktronics, Inc. is a supplier of electronic scoreboards, large electronic display systems and related marketing services, digital messaging...