Innovate your career.
When you choose Lennox International, you know you're
getting the best.
That is why when you work at Lennox International, you
know you are among the best.
As a leading innovator of home and commercial, heating,
cooling, refrigeration, air-quality, and related
services, Lennox International is committed to helping
our people innovate our products and their careers.
Join over 12,000 employees worldwide who build our
heritage of integrity and innovation. At Lennox
International, we make your home, your businesses, and
your work, a better place.
The Software Team Leader leads a dynamic team of
software engineers to design and develop the next
generation HVAC controls for the Software Engineering
organization. This includes responsibility for the
support and maintenance of existing embedded control
software and associated products for the group.
This key role in the controls team is responsible for
the overall system design and execution of software
elements to support the Residential, Commercial and
Refrigeration business units.
The software team leader is also responsible for on-time
and on-budget execution of projects, along with resource
and skill set forecasting and planning to meet the needs
of the engineering product roadmap.
This technical manager is also empowered to select,
support and grow the software engineering talent in the
organization along with related activities such as
recruiting, interviewing, performance reviews, salary
Responsibilities for this position include:
and support embedded software products. This includes US
- Lead and direct technical personnel to design, develop
and off-shore based engineering teams.
development activities when required.
- Ability to directly contribute to software coding and
assure alignment of project priorities and deliverables.
- Work closely with other functional team leaders to
management and engineering management.
- Provide clear and regular status updates to program
time delivery of artifacts and products.
- Leverage and balance available resources to assure on
practices, processes and policies.
- Propose and implement the software team’s technical
development practices for the Controls Software team.
- Oversee and enforce proper software design and
local and off-shore based technical personnel.
- Foster an open and collaborative environment between
- Mentor and coach a team of engineers.
- Responsible for talent development of the software
- Responsible for attracting and retaining top technical
and Hardware teams on the efficient use of software in
- Ability to assess and improve the team’s performance.
- Partner with Product management, System Architecture
future multi-generation product lines and technology
groups to develop and design future control
- Partner with the Advanced technology and Mechanical
architectures and advanced algorithms.
easy to use, install, and configure while maintaining
- Focus future plans towards allowing our controls to be
flexibility for future expansion.
technologies into our projects to differentiate our
- Ability to create innovative ideas and incorporate new
products and meet customer needs.
Technical skills required include:
- BS/MS in Computer, Electrical Engineering, Computer
developing software or embedded components in C/C++.
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience
technical leader in a software organization.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a manager or
teams and projects.
- Experience leading multi-site software development
development of embedded software.
- Experienced in the architecture, design and
- Ability to develop unit test driven software
protocols (I2C, RS-485, RS-232, CAN).
- Experience with Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS).
- Familiar with embedded and serial communication
design and debugging tools.
- Familiar with industry standard embedded software
- Familiar with industry standard Configuration
- Familiarity with static and dynamic analysis software
Software development processes.
- Experience developing with Waterfall and Iterative
platforms such as iOS and Android.
- Familiarity with emerging embedded application
The ideal candidate for this position is an experienced
- Familiarity with the HVAC industry is a plus.
software technical manager and leader with the ability
and desire to develop and incorporate new technologies
to create the next generation HVAC controls and