Maintains, tests, diagnoses problems and repairs electrical and electronic equipment on refined liquid petroleum pipeline, right of way , remote delivery terminals, tank farms and static locations in assigned geographical area to insure safe and efficient operation of the pipeline, protection of the environment and compliance with state and federal regulations and company policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Installs and/or modifies, maintains, tests, diagnoses equipment problems and repairs electrical equipment and electronic systems used for pipeline control, instrumentation, indication and operations.
• Calibrates electrical and electronic equipment.
• Performs preventative maintenance on electrical and electronic equipment.
• Maintains data transmission and general computer-directed data communication equipment associated with product movement, metering, leak surveillance and power optimization programs.
• Diagnoses equipment problems and corrects circuit faults in contractor-installed equipment.
• Provides HAZWOPER support and is involved in emergency response activities.
• Provides assistance in repairing, maintenance and operation of all equipment and right-of way.
• Participates in the training of O & M classification personnel.
• May be required to handle basic mechanical, right of way, operational, or general maintenance duties.
• Handle, as necessary, basic mechanical, right of way, operations, and general maintenance duties.
• Drive company vehicle to work sites.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• 4 year Electrical Engineering Technology degree or 2 year Degree in Electrical Technology and experience equivalent to 4 year degree
Experience / Specific Knowledge:
• 4 year degree In Electrical Engineering Technology and understanding of principles of installing, maintaining, and repairing various electrical and electronic equipment or 2 year Degree in Electrical Technology and 2 years work experience installing, maintaining, and repairing various electrical and electronic equipment
• Ability to troubleshoot PLCs
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
• Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and be insurable by the Company Insurance Carrier
Competencies, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to use multimeters, meg-ohmmeter, oscilloscope, and other tools of the trade.
• Ability to adjust / calibrate, and repair various types of instrumentation
• Basic computer skills. (Microsoft Word, Excel and Email). Send and receive email, prepare reports and use Excel spread sheets
• Accept supervision / direction and work cooperatively with other people.
• Clearly and concisely communicate in writing and orally in English.
• Read and interpret equipment schematics, plot plans, diagrams and prints
• Perform mathematical calculations in the performance of duties.
• Dependably perform job duties with little supervision.
• Manually open and close valves, dig, lift, carry / move weights regularly weighing 40 -50 lbs and occasionally up to 100 lbs.
• Walk on paved, gravel or unpaved broken terrain and other uneven surfaces.
• Stand, sit, ascend/descend stairs; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, use various hand and other tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk and hear.
• See to perform various written communications and maintenance tasks
• Work as scheduled and as necessary including overtime and unexpected call-outs, including weekends and holidays, to keep the pipeline and supporting equipment operating, or to quickly return the pipeline or supporting equipment to operation.
• Work outside in all weather conditions in daylight and darkness.
• May occasionally be away from home over night
Preferred Education, Experience, Certifications, Competencies, Skills, and Abilities:
Above the minimum requirements; not required but advantageous in this position:
• Knowledge of SCADA Systems
This can get Kinder complicated: Kinder Morgan Management (KMM) was created by pipeline operator Kinder Morgan, Inc. to be the limited...