Software Tech is seeking a qualified Software Architect to support our client’s needs. The Software Architect will demonstrate extensive knowledge and experience in architecting, designing and developing IT software for our client’s customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Advocate for the customer and end users
In conjunction with the Project Manager and the Business Analyst, meet with customer business stakeholders and end users to gather design requirements
Foster and maintain customer relationships on technical and business development topics
Work with the Project Manager to ensure meeting project milestones and deadlines
Work with the Project Manager to ensure positive relations with partner teams and customers
Lead and coordinate technical activities and artifacts throughout projects
Hands on as part of Framework team for building framework for client applications
Create and understand Unified Modeling Language(UML) diagram
Architect, design, and develop core components and framework software for clients using Java, JPA, Servlets, SOAP, XML, JSP, and RMI
Plan and conduct formal reviews of the software architecture, software designs and source code to ensure overall quality of code
Coordinate overall integration and testing of Iron Data application components
Mentor and direct Software Engineers as they develop software
Support Sales Teams in a technical sales support capacity
Estimate technical project efforts for contracted and potential deals
- Intimate knowledge of Java programming, Java Servlets, Java Server Pages, Web Services (SOA 75), JDBC, SOAP, XML, and RMI.
- Strong grasp of UML and design patterns, particularly Model-View-Controller.
- Strong understanding of Internet web application architectures and internet application design.
- Strong database/SQL skills.
- Experience with JPA/ORM is a must.
- Experience with Struts 2 is a strong plus.
- Experience with jBPM Business Process Management Suite is a strong plus.
- Experience with JBOSS DROOLS is a strong plus.
- Experience with Message Driven Beans(MDB) is a strong plus
- Familiarity with RUP or a similar methodology a plus.
- Familiarity with jQuery or AJAX a plus.
- Familiarity with middleware products such as MQ Series a plus.
- Familiarity with RAD and Websphere is a plus.
- Ability to make educated, critical judgments in the absence of complete information.
- As the technical driving force behind the project, demonstrated leadership skills, project technical lead experience and strong communication skills are required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to identify, clarify and resolve issues and risks, escalating them as needed
- Exemplary communication and interpersonal skills are a must for day to day contact with clients on a face to face and one on one basis.
- Ability to read, analyze data and follow procedures.
- Ability to write business correspondence and procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients.
- Ability to apply mathematical solutions to such tasks as data analysis.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Must be able to manage their own workload.
Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related degree.
Advanced degree in computer science preferred.
Ten or more years of experience in software design and development, in addition to five plus years of practical Java programming experience.