Position will manage team of Sales Development specialists and managers responsible for development selling resources and tools for the NA Pharmaceutical Research sales team.
Act as a liaison between Research Sales and Strategic Marketing, Product Management, and Operations: Translate Research Marketing strategies into actionable plans defined and Sales Campaign for the sales force to optimize company share of wallet in targeted market segments. Has ownership for defining, developing, implementing, and executing said campaigns and other sales activities. Assures there is an active feedback from the Research Sales organization to the Research Strategic Marketing with campaign results and customer trends.
The person in this role will be responsible for sales and development of key strategic accounts on local, national, and international levels. Responsibilities will include calling on the main sites for key customers locally, as well as visiting/managing business at national & international sites for those accounts.
Position will be ideally based in San Francisco, CA (preferred), or could also be based out of Chicago, IL.
Drives the development and implementation of actionable sales activities and campaigns in cooperation with Sales Management.
Contributes to the formulation of the marketing messages and strategies.
Identifies buyers/opportunities within market segments
- Participates in monthly Sales/Marketing alignment meeting
- Support the communication of Research Marketing Strategic directions to the Sales organization
- Lead the development of tactical plans and tools
- Ensure technical and commercial development of the sales force
- Coordinates collection of feedback from the field sales force
- Design and populate systems to support Sales Force efficiency such as but not limited to: lead management; opportunity management/CRM; knowledge management
Monitors activities efficiency
- Understand market trends and evolution (including participating to trades shows, seminars, customer events .)
- Enhance market intelligence specifically on customer potential
Education: B.S. in Biological Science required; Masters degree preferred
- Design and implement measures to ultimately assess activities ROI
- Control plans/tactics efficiency
Experience: 3 to 5 years of relative sales experience in a laboratory environment. Marketing experience and advanced degree in a core science and/or business desirable.
Essential & Critical Skills:
Professional presentation skills adequate to present to varied audiences and various levels of scientific and sales understanding. Professional level verbal (including telephone) and written communication skills. General understanding of the research marketplace and market business trends. Demonstrated competency in computer software and systems.
CareerBuilder - 14 months ago
Check the shelves of any research (or mad) scientist and you'll likely find Sigma-Aldrich's chemical products. The company is a...