As an English Instructor at Carrington College you will be responsible for delivering a quality educational experience for the students through ensuring that the curriculum is up-to-date, that effective delivery methods are employed, and that all students are treated in a fair and equitable manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Interacts effectively and professionally with students, staff, faculty, and external customers of Carrington College including Advisory Board members and externship and other off campus sites.
- Exceptional customer focused skills. Ability to address student needs and resolve issues with diplomacy and tact.
- Interpersonal skills including questioning, listening and showing concern and respect for others.
- Solid writing skills to communicate effectively in memos, letters, and via email.
- Excellent verbal communication skills including ability to project voice and be clearly understood when speaking in front of a group.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Possess a high degree of integrity and commitment to comply with policies, regulations, and codes of conduct governing all aspects of job responsibilities.
- Commitment to the success of the students and the school.
- Computer literacy skills including working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must possess a Masters Degree in related area of English and have a broad base of general education knowledge.
- At least 18 credit hours in English.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven ability to motivate and inspire career college students.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience.
- At least one year of experience teaching adults preferred.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
It isn't exactly Ivy League, but DeVry is in the big leagues of technical, health care, and business schools. The for-profit...