As an English Instructor at Carrington College you will be responsible for delivering a quality educational experience for the students through ensuring that the curriculum is up-to-date, that effective delivery methods are employed, and that all students are treated in a fair and equitable manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Interacts effectively and professionally with students, staff, faculty, and external customers of Carrington College including Advisory Board members and externship and other off campus sites.
- Exceptional customer focused skills. Ability to address student needs and resolve issues with diplomacy and tact.
- Interpersonal skills including questioning, listening and showing concern and respect for others.
- Solid writing skills to communicate effectively in memos, letters, and via email.
- Excellent verbal communication skills including ability to project voice and be clearly understood when speaking in front of a group.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Possess a high degree of integrity and commitment to comply with policies, regulations, and codes of conduct governing all aspects of job responsibilities.
- Commitment to the success of the students and the school.
- Computer literacy skills including working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must possess a Masters Degree in related area of English and have a broad base of general education knowledge.
- At least 18 credit hours in English.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven ability to motivate and inspire career college students.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience.
- At least one year of experience teaching adults preferred.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
DeVry, Inc. - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
It isn't exactly Ivy League, but DeVry is in the big leagues of technical, health care, and business schools. The for-profit...