Job ID: 139087
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in medicine. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve the extraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 32,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: excellence in the provision of healthcare services to communities in the Intermountain region.
Our patients deserve the best in medicine, and we deliver.
This position is responsible for broad administrative duties supporting the various foundations within Intermountain Healthcare, including support of the Board of Trustees and related committees. In addition, this position is responsible for managing all incoming donations and ensuring that gifts are classified appropriately. The Foundation Office Coordinator tracks information in the donor database and pulls reports to help support research and cultivation activities. Daily office administration is also a key function of this role. The role may also act as the assistant to the Foundation Director.
Foundations within Intermountain Healthcare range in size, depending on the geographic areas they serve as well as the number of donations, events done, and amounts of money generated annually through their fund raising and development efforts. Depending on the size of the Foundation, there may be a department focused on Major and Planned Gifts and another with responsibilities for Corporate and Annual Giving. This Office Coordinator position will interact with civic, private, corporate leaders and other entities (e.g. members of the media), as well as hospital staff, volunteers, and patients and their families, and must represent the hospital professionally in person, on the phone, and via email.
1. Ensures the overall smooth operation of the department/s by answering incoming phone calls, receiving and routing mail and other deliveries, coordination of payroll, maintaining appropriate inventory levels.
2. Coordinates board/committee activities including scheduling meetings and events, tracking member attendance and the timely disbursement of printed materials, minutes, etc.
3. Serves as a resource to Accounting and helps ensure proper classification of incoming donations based on donor needs and requests. Also assures donations are deposited accurately.
4. Conducts research and tracking efforts for members of the foundation team to help with strategic planning activities.
5. May be responsible for maintenance of foundation database applications (e.g. Raiser’s Edge).
6. Actively participates and supports members of Foundation staff and hospital staff.
7. May also act as the assistant to the Foundation Director.
8. Responds to phone calls, voice mail and emails promptly and effectively to maintain trust among the various constituencies served.
9. Stays current on hospital activities, events, and achievements and integrates this information into foundation activities.
Three years experience in an administrative setting with duties related to overall office administration including record keeping and tracking data within a database.
Detailed oriented and consistent in maintaining accurate records and data (confirmed through interviews and references)
Proficient writing skills including business correspondence composition (examples required at time of interview)
Demonstrated proficiency in word-processing, spreadsheet, and advanced computer applications (e.g. database or presentations)
Excellent customer service skills (confirmed through interviews and references)
Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively over the phone, in person, and via email/letters
Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at once and work independently
Preferred Minimum Qualifications
Associates or Bachelors degree in business, accounting, communications, or public relations or philanthropic studies.
Experience using Raiser’s Edge software and database
Intermountain Healthcare - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...