We are looking for
a Community Manager I for
in Farmington Hills, MI.
Who is Aimco?
Aimco is a Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) and is one of the largest owners and operators of apartment homes in the country. Aimco is a top provider of apartment homes to nearly 250,000 residents. Aimco has properties in 38 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. As a leading S&P 500 company with over 25 years of proven performance, Aimco has a unique blend of experience and ingenuity in apartment management, financing and investing in conventional and affordable housing communities.
you are a leader in business, sales, customer service and people. Your management focus inspires your team to higher levels of performance, creating “wow” moments for Aimco customers. As a Community Manager you personally exemplify pride and passion, whether it’s dealing with a difficult resident complaint or taking the time to stop to pick up a piece of stray garbage on the property. As a manager you display the customer service values and integrity you ask your team to demonstrate every day.
Being a community manager at Aimco is a combination of management, sales, marketing and customer service. Your success in growing and improving your apartment community every day, your demonstrated work ethic, sense of integrity and collaboration are all tested and rewarded in this management role.
Being an Aimco manager is more than just setting work schedules and managing apartment communities; it is about creating a community and recognizing with every interaction that this is home for your customers. Whether it’s training a leasing consultant on how to engage prospective residents or following up on the buildings up-keep, your efforts are focused on increasing renewals and attracting new residents with every interaction.
As a manager you deal with resident escalations, marketing the property, motivating your leasing and sales team and delegating and ensuring that service tickets are completed in a timely manner. Through each day, your savvy financial management and sales leadership ensure revenue and profitability is achieved. As a community manager you will also be responsible for:
Unlike other property management, retail or real estate environments, Aimco provides you with corporate support to succeed as a community manager. Whether it’s through capital improvements, marketing support or pricing, Aimco is there helping you become and remain effective in this management role.
- Financial management including managing to a budget
- Sales leadership including increasing lease renewals, new customer attraction, training leasing consultants and improving sales performance
- Upkeep of the physical condition of the property to ensure an attractive property where value is evident and risks minimized
- Team leadership including recruiting, development and management
Your day will range from handling service requests to repair something in a unit and finding a respectful but effective way to collect rent and fees to leasing a unit and processing routine paperwork. As a manager you aren’t sitting behind a desk from 9-5. As an Aimco community manager you enjoy the variety of being at the computer one moment ensuring the financials are on track and the next showing a prospective customer what it’s like to come home to Aimco. To be successful, you must be collaborative and customer focused. Additionally you have:
- Previous experience in financial and people management from hotel, hospitality, restaurant, office, property or apartment management
- Excellent communication skills demonstrating verbal and written expression, active listening and ability to maintain interpersonal relationships
- Ability to lead others in delivering outstanding customer service
- Proven track record managing budgets and increasing net operating income
- Experience operating propriety computer systems, for example hotel & property operations, logistics, finance and inventory in addition to Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to managing activities including employee relations, scheduling and staffing
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours including nights, weekends and holidays
Aimco offers attractive total compensation packages designed to recognize and reward performance at the individual, team and company levels. We start with a competitive base salary and add bonus opportunities and benefit choices topped off with:
When you join Aimco, you receive a winning total compensation formula.
- Consumer discounts including Aimco apartment discounts and other vendors
- Employee stock purchase plans
- Opportunities for professional development and career growth
- Opportunities for recognition and personal development
(Some benefits may not apply to team members who are subject to collective bargaining or who are part time)
Join us and come home to your career at Aimco – Apply Now!
Send this job description to a friend by email.
AIMCO - 20 months ago
AIMCO Properties' aim is true. The company is the operating arm of multifamily real estate giant Apartment Investment and Management...